Save up to $499 on all guaranteed Oct-Dec departures.
About your trip
From snorkelling with turtles to swimming in tropical waterfalls, experience the vast array of natural wonders Bali and the Gili Islands have to offer. Starting in the lively beach resort of Legian, your journey continues north into the jungle-covered mountains. Climb Mount Batur for spectacular sunrise views and attend a cooking masterclass in Ubud before taking a speed boat to Gili Trawangan – a tiny island off the coast of Lombok. Return to Bali and cap off your trip with an optional surf lesson, traditional beachfront blessing ceremony and an unforgettable farewell dinner in Canggu. All of our trips are flightless in destination, with 100% of all carbon emissions offset. It's just part of how we see the world while being good to it.
- Trek to the summit of Mount Batur for unforgettable sunrise views
- Visit sacred temples and experience a traditional Balinese offering
- Swim in the Banyumala Twin Waterfalls
- Unlock the secrets of Balinese cuisine at a cooking masterclass
- Snorkel with sea turtles off Gili Trawangan
- Opt in for a surf lesson with Rip Curl in Canggu
Touch down at Ngurah Rai International Airport and make your way to the meeting point where a driver will be waiting to take you to the hotel in Legian (if you’ve booked your transfer with us). Checkin and get settled. At 5pm, meet our Local Insider who will accompany the group throughout the trip. You’ll receive an introductory talk alongside your fellow travellers, before heading to the hotel restaurant by the beach for a welcome dinner and cocktail – a perfect way to break the ice.
After breakfast, you’ll depart for Jatiluwih – a Unesco World Heritage-listed expanse of rice terraces, situated 700m (2,296ft) above sea level at the foot of Mount Batukaru (the second-highest peak in Bali). There, you’ll learn first-hand about the process of preparing Canang Sari (a traditional, hand-made Balinese offering) and place one of these sacred symbols of gratitude at Batukaru Temple. In the afternoon, you'll take an immersive trek to a local village, passing rice fields, rivers and a 700 year old Banyan tree, before tucking into a local lunch. You’ll then continue further into the highlands toward Munduk, your home for the night.
This morning, you’ll visit the Banyumala Twin Waterfalls. These 40m (131ft) tall, side-by-side waterfalls are some of the most alluring on the island, set against the backdrop of dense tropical rainforest. The rock pool below is an idyllic spot to cool off with a refreshing swim before enjoying a delicious picnic of nasi bungkus (rice wrapped in a banana leaf, typically served with meat and vegetables) – an Indonesian classic. After lunch, you’ll be transferred to the town of Ubud – often regarded as Bali’s cultural heart due to its flourishing arts, crafts and dance scene.
Ready to get flexible with some FlyHighYoga? Pioneered in Ubud in 2012, this aerial style of yoga uses elasticated belts to enable all kinds of unusual stretches, leaving you feeling revitalised and relaxed. If yoga isn’t for you, don’t worry – grab a drink at the studio cafe and watch from the side. Spend a few hours exploring Ubud or relaxing by the pool before attending a cooking masterclass in the afternoon. Expertly guided by your host, Puspa, you’ll discover a myriad of techniques and flavour combinations, typical of authentic Balinese cuisine. Savour your own creations for dinner.
It’s a very early start today as you'll head to Mount Batur and begin a guided hike up the 1,717m (5,633ft) high active volcano. Upon reaching the summit, your efforts will be rewarded with mesmerising panoramic views as the island glows beneath the rising sun. Depending on the weather, you may even find yourself above the clouds for an even more dramatic spectacle. At the bottom, tuck into a well-deserved lakeside breakfast. Afterwards, it’s time to return to the coast for the next stop of your journey – Candidasa.
Today, you’ll have the chance to explore a beloved island landmark, Lempuyang Temple. It’s renowned for its Gates of Heaven, which perfectly frame Mount Agung, Bali’s highest peak, making for an unmissable photo opportunity. Next, you’ll stop by Tirta Gangga, an elegant collection of fountains, gardens and statues at a former royal palace. Take a dip in the spring-fed pool to cool off from the heat. Spend the afternoon at leisure back at the hotel – either on the beach or by the palm-tree flanked pool.
Say a temporary goodbye to Bali this morning as you catch a speedboat from Padang Bai to Gili Trawangan (around a 90-minute journey). Although it’s the largest of the three islands in the Gili archipelago, just off the northwest coast of Lombok, Gili T – as the locals call it – is only 3km long and 2km wide, home to a population of just 1,500 people. With its pristine beaches, gentle waters and vibrant nightlife, you’ll experience a totally different side to Indonesia in this tropical haven. * Please note that in the event of extreme weather conditions, we have to re-route our Gili trip to stay overnight in Amed.
Following breakfast, head out on a snorkelling trip. The islands are home to an abundance of turtles – keep your eyes peeled as you swim through the clear water. If you’re lucky, you’ll spot green turtles, but also keep an eye out for hawksbills (a critically endangered species recognisable by their narrow, pointed beaks). Clean equipment will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer. Along Gili Meno’s west coast, you’ll also find a circle of 48 life-size stone statues on the seabed – a captivating exhibition designed to help coral and marine life flourish.
In the mood for rest and relaxation? Spend today however you like. Unwind by the pool, practise yoga or book yourself a rejuvenating massage at the spa. Alternatively, use the time to explore Gili Trawangan at your own pace. You’ll be able to walk round the entire island in a couple of hours, or you can rent bikes and cycle (there are no motorised vehicles here). Come nightfall, wrap up your beach break with cocktails and a barbecue.
You’ll return to Bali this morning, departing Gili Trawangan for Padang Bai by speedboat after a leisurely breakfast. From there, continue on to Canggu – the final stop of your trip. After checking into the hotel, you’ll have the rest of the afternoon to explore this laid-back surf resort, known for trendy cafes, colourful street art and a plethora of boutique shops. Wander through town, take a stroll along the beach or chill poolside. It’s entirely up to you.
Kick-start the final full day of your trip by taking an optional surfing lesson. With mellow and predictable waves (particularly around Echo Beach and Batu Bolong), it’s a great spot for beginners. Later on, visit a local temple to take part in a traditional Balinese blessing ceremony with a mangku (priest). At the end of this spiritual experience, the priest will add a tridatu (a three-colour bracelet) to your wrist, symbolising the circle of life. Cap off the trip with a sumptuous farewell group dinner at a local restaurant.
Bid farewell to your fellow travellers at the hotel around midday as your Balinese adventure comes to an end. Enjoy a final breakfast at the hotel before checking out and making your way to the airport to catch your flight home – or choose to extend your stay in Indonesia.
- Three nights tropical island accommodation
- Three nights premium hotel accommodation
- Two nights museum-hotel accommodation
- Two nights surf-side resort accommodation
- One night Balinese cottage accommodation
- Private and local transport
- 11 breakfasts, two lunches, four dinners
- Local Insider
- Balinese offering and blessing experiences
- Batukaru Temple visit
- Village Trek
- Banyumala Twin Waterfalls visit
- FlyHighYoga session
- Balinese cooking masterclass
- Mount Batur sunrise trek
- Lempuyang Temple visit
- Tirta Gangga visit
- Gili Trawangan snorkelling trip
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Flights to and from the destination
The Bandha Hotel and Suites
Begin your Bali trip in style at this fantastic 5 star hotel nestled on Legian Beach. The 90 exclusive rooms have been decorated with a touch of Balinese style, fitted with modern features and are all air-conditioned for your comfort. The property boasts two pools, a restaurant, spa and swim up bar, so settle in and make yourself at home.
Puri Lumbung Cottages, Restaurant & Spa
In the mountain village of Munduk, the cosy wooden cottages of this ecofriendly retreat are surrounded by tropical gardens. Sip a drink at the Sunset Bar with spectacular views over rice fields and the Java Sea.
Arma Museum & Resort
Housing an eclectic collection of Indonesian artwork, this tranquil hideaway combines authentic local culture with elegant architecture in the centre of Ubud. Expect spacious, air-conditioned rooms with stylish furnishings and Balinese decor.
Kick back and relax at this peaceful resort on Bali’s east coast with panoramic ocean views. All rooms come with secluded balconies, sleek wooden furnishings and white marble bathrooms.
Hotel Vila Ombak
Embrace the chilled atmosphere of Gili Trawangan at this serene hotel with stunning views of Mount Rinjani. Take a dip in one of two pools, enjoy a massage at the spa or watch a film at the open-air cinema on the beach.
Aston Canggu Beach Resort
With stylish, modern amenities in the heart of Canggu, this hotel has all you need for a luxurious last few days in Bali. Located a short walk to Batu Bolong beach, this hotel has a rooftop restaurant and pool with breathtaking views as well as spacious, fully equipped rooms for you to enjoy during your stay.
Your safety and wellbeing are our top priority, so we’ve put the following measures in place on all our TRIPS:
- Our average group size is 10 people (max 18), which gives you all the security of being in a group whilst avoiding a crowd.
- Where possible, we use small/ boutique accommodation – this means fewer guests and reduced exposure to other travellers.
- We require all accommodation providers to share protocols around the extra health and hygiene measures they are taking.
- Included activities are exclusive to our group wherever possible, to minimise contact with others.
- Covid-19 negative test results or vaccine certificates may be required. Please check the entry requirements for the destination you are travelling to. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- We recommend you confirm all guidance on official government sites and check that you are able to travel with your travel insurance issuer. Your travel insurance may be invalidated if you travel against government advice. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- You must be aged 25 years or over to join this trip.
- Please be sure to check whether or not you need a visa to enter the country you're travelling to. Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions for further information.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or accessibility requirements, please notify our Customer Support team as soon as possible.
- We won't charge you extra if you travel alone – you'll be allocated a twin room with another traveller of the same gender.
- To upgrade to a private room, share a room with a friend, or book pre- and post-trip accommodation and/or airport transfers, please contact our Customer Support team.
- Please be aware that travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers.
- Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. While unlikely, these changes can happen due to circumstances beyond our control. We will always do our best to ensure minimal impact on your experience.
- Please be aware images on this page are for illustrative purposes and may not reflect your itinerary exactly.
The world of travel is changing – and that's why we’re offering flexible booking conditions, to take the stress out of booking in times of uncertainty.
You can get a full refund should you need to postpone or cancel your trip up to 56 days prior to departure.
Read our Booking Guarantee to find out more about how our Support Team can help you.
For the full details and cancellation charges, see our Booking Terms & Conditions.
Terms & Conditions
Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions.