Nothing spurs holistic wellbeing and healing more than a peaceful island like Bali. The wellness retreats on the island have it all: wonderful nature, centuries-old tradition and ancient wisdom to boost your physical and mental condition. Here are the best, all bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Yoga Barn
The Yoga Barn has every right to call itself the biggest retreat in Southeast Asia, considering its elaborate programs and facilities, which cater for every need. Dedicated to healing and renewal, it creates the perfect physical atmosphere to achieve just that, including serene guesthouses and a strategic, peaceful location for all its facilities. The top-notch resources are matched only by the outstanding programs, including more than 100 yoga classes and workshops a week, cleansing and detox programs, and various kinds of therapies, including naturopathy, reiki, and sound therapy.
More than just stunning and luxurious accommodation, Fivelements offers more than meets the eye. The wellness retreat program offers a healing journey in the Balinese way, with all their proven rituals, culture, and traditions. Guests can decide what package to indulge in, from the rejuvenation, detox, culinary and wellness retreats. Each package has its own focus, but all of them are geared towards a life transformation you need to make, in order to lead a balanced and well life. Better yet, tourists can get a glimpse of local healing rituals, making it a cultural and spiritual experience all at once.
This all-female wellness retreat will make sure guests return home feeling more radiant, empowered and fit. Women can sign up for seven days of fun and healing, with activities ranging from surfing, yoga, meditation, spa, detox, fitness, and cultural activities. Escape Haven has a new boutique resort and wellness retreat perched in surfing paradise, Canggu—where the premium facilities such as yoga shala, pool, and jacuzzis are surrounded by stunning natural features, including two roaming rivers, the gorgeous Echo Beach, and lush greenery all around.
Zen Resort Bali is dedicated to giving guests the very thing they expect from the name: ultimate zen. Offering various packages, from wellness retreat, stress release, slimming and creative rehab, to zen diving; guests are guaranteed a good time, physical healing, and spiritual rejuvenation. Divers may want to try the Zen Harmony Diving, which combines scuba diving and snorkelling with yoga and meditation to achieve holistic health, while connecting with the ocean as a big part of environment. The team at Zen Resort is also knowledgeable about various traditional and ancient healing practices across the world, including Chinese medicine, herbalism, Ayurveda, and more, offering each and every guest with a personal approach according to individual needs.
For an authentic experience of healing and rejuvenation with Balinese practices and medicines, visit OMunity Bali. Built upon eco-friendly practices, such as no plastics, harmful chemicals, and fertilizers, OMunity is the place to embrace the concept of clean, pure, and sustainable life. In between the yoga classes, retreat, workshop, and other spiritual ventures, guests can interact directly with the local community, where everyone is eager to show their ways of living, healing, and being. The family-friendly wellness retreat can create a package to suit the needs of individuals and groups who would love a first-hand, traditional Balinese experience.
Como Shambhala Estate
In this luxurious accommodation, physical and spiritual rejuvenation will come as easily as taking a deep and clean breath among the lush trees and relaxing your body in the cool mountain water bath. But the wellness journey will not stop there, as the Como Shambala Estate has a team of experts to take care of every single thing their guests need for healing, from dieticians, dedicated yoga teachers, to experienced therapists, they ensure a personalized approach for optimal results. On top of that, guests can also enjoy their stay in one of the gorgeous retreat villas or suites perched up the gorge of the sacred Ayung River and tucked inside lush rainforest.
Translating to art village, Desa Seni offers plenty—beyond what its name suggests. As a village resort, the place provides a full service to guests; to stay, eat, drink, practise yoga, enjoy massages, and learn about Balinese and Indonesian culture. Guests can decide whether to focus their stay on education, relaxation, or wellness pursuit, or even all at once. The experts at Desa Seni offer private one-on-one sessions of yoga and meditation for serious retreaters and public classes for everyone else. The wellness package includes spa therapies, yoga classes, beauty rituals, ancient therapies, and Balinese cleansing rituals.
Once you’re done boosting your health and wellbeing, why not enjoy a chic retreat touring top restaurants and boutique shops. Simply check out our guide to the top resorts in Seminyak.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.