The industry of yoga has just started developing in the Kingdom, notably in the capital city of Rabat and in Casablanca. From 2010, different yoga studios started appearing in Rabat, offering yoga classes that couldn’t be found elsewhere around the country. There are different types of yoga and a variety of classes, so you can choose between having a personal yoga class in your own home or joining a group at a yoga studio.
Centre de Yoga Ananda
This yoga studio is very popular in Rabat since they practice the teachings of B.K.S Iyengar, one of the world’s most important yogis and the person who brought yoga to the West. They focus mainly on the different ways of breathing, for a better balance both physically and mentally. Every class is adapted to each person and their abilities, so it won’t get too intense for a beginner even if there are professionals in the room.
Centre de Yoga Ananda, 141 Avenue Mohamed VI, Rabat, Morocco, +212 5376-55025
Yoga Raha with Alex
Alex is a certified yoga teacher who is popular in the capital thanks to her amazing classes. You can opt for either solo classes or group sessions in the comfort of your own home. If not, Alex also holds classes at L’atelier Temps-Danse Nadine; the classes might be a bit more crowded but they’re also less pricey.
Workshop Temps-Danse Nadine, 19 Rue Oued Fès, Rabat, Morocco, +212 5376-80763
Mars Venus Club
This fitness club has classes of martial arts, acting, dancing and of course yoga, for both adults and children. Here you’ll have the chance to train with industry professionals who know exactly how the body works and what yours needs for the best workout. Recently they also added Krav Maga classes, which is a first for Morocco!
Mars Venus Club, Angle Avenue Mohamed VI, Avenue Ahmed Rifai, Rabat, Morocco, +212 5376-30472
Centre de Yoga & Pilates de Rabat
This centre of yoga does group and solo classes, focusing on the needs of each person, including therapeutic sessions. The reason behind this special attention is that one of the owners, who used to practice yoga, got into an unfortunate parachuting accident. But, after starting up yoga again, found they could recover their physical strength – a testament to the healing powers of yoga.
This yoga studio is well known in Rabat, due to the classes being so relaxing and comfortable. The teacher, Aicha Naciri, does all the classes, from Monday through Thursday in one of the most calm and zen atmospheres. A class here could also be a great opportunity to connect with other yogis!
Gold’s Gym Premium
Located in the trendy neighborhood of Souissi, Gold’s Gym Premium, is a large gym with many amenities. Although it is more on the pricey side, it does justified by the quality of services and especially the well-trained teachers. Here you can enjoy different types of classes, from body combat to pilates, yoga and much more. They even have a restaurant in the heart of the gym, free parking, free Wi-Fi, towels and much more.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Gold’s Gym Premium, Avenue Oued Akrach, Rabat, Morocco, +212 5376-36370
City Club is a popular chain of gyms throughout all of Morocco, which means if you sign up for a membership, you can enjoy all their gyms in other cities. Here, they offer different types of classes, like zumba, aerobic and of course yoga. The teachers are professionals and the atmosphere is very motivating.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.