Technical SEO Manager
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
Culture Trip is looking for an ambitious Technical SEO Manager to work with the Web, Mobile, Applications development and editorial teams.
The Technical SEO Manager will plan, coordinate and implement technical changes on Culture Trip’s website that will increase organic search traffic.
They will be expected to adopt our global SEO strategy into the technical landscape in the best possible way, identifying growth areas and stitching together individual actions to build a strong, structured and easy to crawl site, with a clear internal linking structure.
The candidate will work with the development teams by identifying Technical SEO issues, consulting and advising on SEO / ASO best practice. The person will be required to apply latest industry knowledge to optimise Culture Trip‘s website, scale out traffic driving hubs and features and technically support a search friendly information architecture.
The Technical SEO Manager will work closely with the wider SEO team, web development teams, editors, as well as various internal teams such as mobile and App development.
This position is suitable for a candidate with in depth technical SEO knowledge covering SEO, ASO and mobile tactics and strategies.
- Analyse all data points to diagnose Google penalties, crawl and ranking issues and estimate, anticipate impact
- Conducting technical SEO site audits and reporting; Log file analysis
- Liaising with the SEO team to align strategies
- Monitoring of indexation & crawlability
- Develop future proof Technical Strategy
- Working knowledge of ASO for App Store and Google Play
- Advocate and evangelise SEO importance in technical development teams for the website and apps
- Build a robust SEO process to ensure new SEO requirements are identified and built into new product development for all technical applications.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record in a technical SEO role
- Degree level education
- Able to create, justify, communicate and implement organic search tactics to the SEO team and internal development teams
- Expert level of Excel/Google sheets, Google Analytics and GSC able to present problems and the solutions
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Experience of competitor analysis and risk management
- Proven track record of developing successful ethical campaigns that result in the acquisition of high-quality inbound links
- Knowledge of on- and off- page ranking factors and optimisation techniques
- Confidence working within cross-functional, international teams
- Digital content management (CMS) experience, understanding of HTML
- Experience using 3rd party tools such as Google Search Console, Searchmetrics, Moz, MajesticSEO etc.
- Passion for Digital and Search Marketing
- Highly articulate / excellent communication skills
- Happy to share ideas and offer suggestions
- ( Desirable ) Experience within the travel / publishing industry
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter and explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period.
Make sure you include ‘ Technical SEO Manager ’ in the subject line of your email.
Please note that we unfortunately cannot respond to every applicant personally due to the large volume of employment inquiries we receive.