Social Media Manager & Producer
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through our global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10M visitors and 200M social media users every month.
We were recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators. Within the last 9 months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We’re looking for a versatile content producer and social media manager to work primarily with Culture Trip’s Pinterest, which is one of the most engaged and highest traffic-driving Pinterest accounts in the travel sphere. You should have experience working with editorial content, either in print or digital, and social media, and be passionate about travel and food. We’re a close-knit, ambitious team and would like to find a creative team member who is enthusiastic about developing new ideas, has a positive attitude and an obsession with social media, and is happy to adapt to a frequently changing start-up environment.
This is a unique role that combines all the best things about social media: platform management, content writing, some visual design work and setting up partnerships.
Check out our accounts before applying:
Start Date: ASAP
Social Media Manager & Producer
Skills & experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience of content writing within an online media company with a focus on social distribution
- Experience managing social media platforms, especially Pinterest
- Deep knowledge of social media, and an obsession with consuming content via Pinterest, Facebook and others
- Solid familiarity with Pinterest keywords and SEO, as well as data analytics across various social media platforms
- Passion for some (or all!) of the verticals we cover, especially travel and food
- Creative thinker with tons of fresh, original ideas and the ability to find unique stories and create compelling headlines
- Detail oriented, multi-tasker and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-starter – we would like you to bring lots of fresh ideas for new formats and initiatives to our brainstorms and our strategy
- Very adaptable and flexible – you need to be able to shift your focus and work with new formats at short notice, and evaluate what is / isn’t working
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback
- We’re a tight-knit team who loves to brainstorm and get creative. We’re looking for a colleague who is adaptable, committed, and an ego-free, personable team player.
- Manage and grow Culture Trip’s Pinterest account (over 80k fans), including:
— curating the platform experience,
— coming up with and writing bespoke Pinterest-friendly content,
— creating basic graphics and working with a designer on the team to produce infographics.
- Your main goal will be to grow the page, in terms of fan numbers as well as traffic.
- You will be in charge of producing compelling and quality written content for Culture Trip on the themes of travel and food, with the goal of driving traffic via Pinterest. This means working with seasonal themes as well as keywords.
- You will get a chance to work extensively with other content teams in the company on sourcing and commissioning Pinterest-friendly content.
- You will also collaborate with the social graphics designer on creating a series of travel- and food-themed Pinterest infographics. Culture Trip is the only brand that produces these consistently, so there’s plenty of room to strategize and develop.
- As a platform manager, you will analyse performance and engagement on your content and optimize for the future – testing and revising your strategy will be an important part of your role.
- You will strive to reach and engage a large audience, and this may also mean setting up partnerships and collaborations with other brands or influencers.
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching the following:
- Your CV
- Brief cover letter explaining why you’re the right candidate for this role
- Describe why you love working in social media (assuming you do!)
- Outline your experience working with Pinterest
Please make sure you include “Social Media Manager & Producer – London” subject line.
We’re accepting applications until 15 December, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.