Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 400k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We’re looking for an ambitious, personable community exec to join our super-creative and innovative social media team. We’re just getting set up in NY as a team, so this is an opportunity to get in early and help build something special.
As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should be passionate about people, conversations and communities. You’ll need to be driven by bringing people together and building a meaningful brand they want to engage with.
We offer an independent, dynamic and ambitious working environment with plenty of creative freedom and the potential to leave a mark. We’re data- and social-driven (think Buzzfeed, but more substantial), with a solid intellectual backbone (think FT Weekend, but more accessible). You will be part of the social media team, and will also get a chance to work with the editorial, video and commercial teams in London and NYC.
Location: Soho, NYC
Starting date: ASAP
What you'll be doing:
In a nutshell, your responsibility will be to maintain a buzzing, engaged community across Culture Trip’s social media platforms, spanning our fans as well as partners.
- Act as Culture Trip’s voice and ambassador across our social media communities
- Establish a growth strategy for our communities around the world
- Establish guidelines for community engagement / discussion
- Moderate and encourage user discussions across our social media platforms
- Spearhead the launch of Culture Trip-led Facebook groups
- Pioneer new initiatives within our social media communities
- Launch partnerships with relevant bloggers and social media partners
- Liaise with the rest of the social media team, as well as other teams in the business, and share insights about our communities
- 1-2 years of experience working with social media communities
- Additional languages will come in handy
- Fantastic people and communication skills – you should love talking to people and getting communities rallying around things they’re passionate about
- Excellent organisational skills, enabling you to coordinate your time independently and work to deadlines
- Self-starter who is high on initiative and bursting with fresh ideas
- Passion for culture, travel, art, lifestyle will come in handy
- You need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic yet collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility
- You should be keen to give and receive feedback and constantly develop your skills
- We’re a tight-knit team who loves to brainstorm and get creative. We’re looking for a colleague who is adaptable, committed, and an ego-free, personable team player
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your salary expectations and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Community Moderator’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 15 December 2017, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.