Sales Manager (UK)
Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 400k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for a creative, dynamic and experienced Agency Sales professional with great contacts across major UK agency groups to join our London sales team. The position will report to the Sales Director and involve all aspects of agency sales and managing the process from brief to delivery. Proven content and branded video sales experience a big advantage as is a thorough understanding of social distribution. Equally important is enthusiasm, a positive attitude and the capability to adapt to a frequently changing start-up environment.
This is a great opportunity to take on big clients and grow a prosperous patch in a rapidly growing start up.
Sales Manager (UK)
- Identify revenue opportunities and deliver against set quarterly revenue targets across Culture Trips’ advertising solutions
- Generate awareness and excitement for The Culture Trip as an advertising property in your allocated agency patch
- Cultivate relationships with agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and objectives
- Support Sales Director and VP Sales in developing, managing, and executing strategic sales opportunities
- Provide accurate forecasting and revenue reporting
- Use data and insights to build a sales story that is compelling for agencies and clients
- Deliver significant revenue growth in line with the expansion of the business
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in agency sales, preferably with a digital content / branded content background
- Fantastic agency and client relationships
- Strong track record of performance against targets
- Self starter, intuitive, strategic thinker, persistent, and highly motivated
- Excellent knowledge of the digital landscape
- Passion for content marketing and social distribution
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team
- Intelligent, articulate and numerate
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Sales Manager (UK)’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 15 December 2017, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.