Talent Acquisition Manager (NYC)
Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast-growing global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the startup received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities, social media influence and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide and its videos have been viewed more than 1 billion times (from zero last year). More than 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (5x increase since last year) and more than 450k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world.
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Manager to help build a world-class team in a high-growth environment. Our business is continuously evolving in ways it hasn’t done before, and our Recruitment Manager will play a big part in helping shape that evolution from a people perspective. You will support the team by posting job ads, shortlisting and screening candidates, owning the recruitment cycle, providing feedback, and on-boarding new recruits. You will have the opportunity to grow your exposure to HR through a number of ad hoc projects.
This role would suit an highly motivated, flexible and hands on candidate who enjoys working in a busy environment.
Location: New York City
Start Date: ASAP
- Provide support with the end to end recruitment cycle – including job ad posting, resourcing and screening candidates, scheduling interviews, preparing paperwork, on-boarding and induction processes
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide high quality administrative support to the Operations team
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to HR activities
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in recruitment and/or HR
- Previous experience in a high-growth startup environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Google Suite apps experience desirable)
- Hands on experience with an HRIS or HRMS (preferably cloud based)
- Knowledge of UK employment law
- Excellent organisational skills, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality and organise own workload efficiently
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment.
- Adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a requirement to ensure confidentiality when appropriate are essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally, as to communicate professionally with employees, members of the senior management team, and with potential candidates
- Able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Part CIPD qualified or working towards qualification would be beneficial
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your salary expectations and notice period. We will not be considering incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Talent Acquisition Manager (NYC)’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 15 December 2017, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.