Recruitment Manager (London)
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for a Recruitment Manager to help build a world-class team in a high-growth environment. Our business is continuously evolving in ways it hasn’t done before, and our Recruitment Manager will play a big part in helping shape that evolution from a people perspective. You will support the team by identifying the hiring requirements across the business (teams include Content, Creative, Commercial, Marketing, Product & Engineering, Business Support) owning the recruitment cycle, managing the process, leading to successful hires. Working in our People & Culture team, you will have the opportunity to grow your exposure to all areas of Recruitment and HR, through a number of ad hoc projects.
This role would suit an highly motivated, flexible and hands on candidate who enjoys working in a busy environment.
Location: Central London
Start Date: ASAP
- Take ownership of the recruitment process at Culture Trip, marrying efficiency with quality
- Build networks of engaged candidates via active sourcing and employer branding activities
- Partner with hiring managers to ensure the right recruitment strategies are in place
- Manage sourcing strategies and advertising channels
- Analyse recruitment metrics and optimise processes where necessary
- Work in tandem with HR Business Partners, Recruitment Managers to support the hyper growth fo the business on the People front
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in agency or in-house recruitment
- Previous experience recruiting for digital roles (Content, Creative, Marketing, Media, Tech, Product)
- Previous experience in a high-growth startup environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Google Suite apps experience desirable)
- Hands on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Strong relationship management skills working with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality and organise own workload efficiently
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment.
- Adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a requirement to ensure confidentiality when appropriate are essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally, as to communicate professionally with employees, members of the senior management team, and with potential candidates
- Able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be considering incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Recruitment Manager (London)’ in the subject line of your email.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.