Programme Manager - Food & Drink
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 4 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 650k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
As Programme Manager – Food & Drink you will be responsible for a set content ‘products’ across Culture Trip. In this case, you will be responsible for Food & Drink products. This will include Food venues (restaurants, bakeries, etc) and Drink Venues (bars, cafes, etc).
Creative, communicative and collaborative, you will have a strong background in inspiring storytelling of culture, create article content plans, and work with other editorial staffers (across photography, video and illustration) to produce engaging content.
You should be a confident and diligent person with the demonstrated ability to create and improve structures and processes, as well as lead a team. You should always operate with scale in mind, establishing robust yet flexible processes to maximise assets and ensure systems can grow quickly and under pressure. We offer an independent and dynamic working environment with plenty of potential to make an impact, and the opportunity to develop exciting content in cooperation with our departments: editorial, social media, commercial and tech.
- As Programme Manager – Food & Drink you will be responsible for a set content ‘products’ across Culture Trip.
- In this case, you will be responsible for Food & Drink products. This will include Food venues (restaurants, bakeries, etc) and Drink Venues (bars, cafes, etc)
- In your role, you will be expected to analyse the existing content ‘inventory’ in your product areas, and have an in-depth knowledge of this content, it’s quality and performance.
- You will analyse the coverage of your products across each of the top locations prioritised by the business. You will work with the Editorial team to then commission content in places where our coverage is incomplete.
- You will work closely with the content maintenance team to refresh, renew or remove content that is aged or not meeting our quality standards.
- You will also work closely with the Product team to set out a roadmap for the development of features for each of your content products, improving their performance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- You should have a strong affinity with the products you oversee. In this case, you should be passionate about Food and Drink across the world.
- You will have worked for at least 3 years within a Food or Drink domain. You should have deep experience in these domains and be highly knowledgeable about at least the majority of the content products you oversee.
- You should have a strong understanding of what makes good content both in general and within these specific domains.
- You should be highly analytical, obsessed with your numbers and able to quote them off-hand. You should know your content inventory back to front.
- You should be able to take complex problems and simplify them. You should be good at prioritising.
- You should be an excellent communicator who is able to work collaboratively on problems across multiple departments.
- You should have a strong action bias
- You should be a good strategic thinker, with a broad base of knowledge across many subject matters relevant to your products.
- You should have a good understanding of the industry covered by your content products and a strong network within it.
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com , attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please also state your current salary and notice period. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘ Programme Manager – Food & Drink ‘ in the subject line of your email.