Programme Manager, Content Processes & Operations
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 4 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 650k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
As Programme Manager in the Content Processes Team, your role is to develop and continually improve the tools, process flows, and operations of content production across Culture Trip. Your work will help highly creative content teams and individuals all over the world to improve the work they produce for the benefit of our users and in line with the company’s wider goals.
You should be a meticulous, adaptable and industrious professional with the demonstrated ability to create and improve structures and processes, as well as lead within a team. You will need to operate with scale in mind, establishing robust yet flexible processes to maximise assets and ensure systems can grow quickly and under pressure.
Programme Manager, Content Processes & Operations
- On an ongoing basis, you will identify, develop and improve process flows, tools and systems to ensure efficient and effective content production and maintenance
- Analyse and assess existing processes and ways of working to identify inefficiencies and pain points to improve upon
- Design and implement new and better ways of working that remove friction from the creative process and give the best possible output
- Produce process maps and documentation and outline timelines for remediation and launches of any new systems, tools or workflows
- Develop quality assurance controls
- Codify feature and process launches and safeguard communications protocols
- You will also work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to determine dependencies and set out a roadmap for the development of tools and features to improve content production processes
- Alongside other Content Processes team members, you will review and greenlight all new content features and changes to existing processes, systems or tools
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passionate about content and creative processes
- Highly competent in process design, mapping and analysis
- At least 3 years of experience in an operations or process-focused function
- Specific content-related experience preferred, or a strong understanding of digital content creation and production
- Strong at identifying and designing ways to make processes run more smoothly and efficiently
- A good strategic thinker, with a broad base of knowledge across many subject matters relevant to your products
- The ability to take complex problems and simplify them
- The ability to identify key priority areas
- Highly analytical and obsessed with numbers
- An excellent communicator who is able to work collaboratively on problems across multiple departments
- You should have a strong action bias and the ability to execute on plans
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be considering incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Programme Manager, Content Processes & Operations’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 20 February, but the sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.