Office Manager/Team Assistant (London)
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through our global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10M visitors and 200M social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators. Within the last 9 months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced professional Office Manager/ Team Assistant based in our London office. You should be a confident, organised, extremely diligent and professional, ideally with experience of a fast growing business.
- Deliver proactive, highly organised support to London office and team.
- Proactively take full responsibility for the management of the smooth running of the offices to include:
- Liaison with the landlord and other tenants.
- Schedule required maintenance.
- Monitor H&S, fire and first aid regulations.
- Ensure public areas are kept tidy and functional and that waste is disposed of.
- Control the booking of meeting rooms.
- Daily distribution of the post.
- Intelligent purchasing to fulfill office and staff requirements, supplier negotiation.
- Organise the office layout as directed.
- Work with the finance team to ensure all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Reception, be the first point of contact for visitors, meet and greet and provide refreshments.
- Promote and develop the culture of the team through delivery of the mission statement and events.
- To provide the team with an effective and efficient service:
- Organise and coordinate team meetings.
- Book and control travel and visa arrangements.
- Support visits from other Culture Trip offices.
- Process expenses for Directors and the Senior Management team.
- Acknowledge birthdays and other key events.
- Support the onboarding of new starters.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Organised, detail-orientated and accurate.
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive can do attitude.
- Strong communication skills, providing clear and consistent communication between the team, internal departments, other Culture Trip offices and external parties
- Proficient at using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google suite.
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative to respond to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
We value ambitious, adaptable individuals who possess the passion and drive to bring Culture Trip’s mission to fruition in every aspect of their work. With an action bias, you should be a humble, hard working self-starter who is eager to take on their next challenge. Your style should be open, inclusive, honest, and collaborative. Our employees are passionate about culture, travel, food, and the arts and are committed to our mission of exploring all the interesting differences which make our world so unique.
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Office Manager/Team Assistant (London)’ in the subject line of your email.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.