Office Manager (NYC)
Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 9 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 400k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced professional Office Manager based within our New York City office. You should be a confident, organised, extremely diligent and professional, ideally with experience of a fast growing business.
- Deliver proactive, highly organised support to New York office and team.
- Proactively take full responsibility for the management of the smooth running of the offices to include:
- Liaison with the landlord and other tenants.
- Schedule required maintenance.
- Monitor H&S, fire and first aid regulations.
- Ensure public areas are kept tidy and functional and that waste is disposed of.
- Control the booking of meeting rooms.
- Daily distribution of the post.
- Intelligent purchasing to fulfill office and staff requirements, supplier negotiation.
- Organise the office layout as directed.
- Work with the finance team to ensure all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Reception, be the first point of contact for visitors, meet and greet and provide refreshments.
- Promote and develop the culture of the team through delivery of the mission statement and events.
- To provide the team with an effective and efficient service:
- Organise and coordinate team meetings.
- Book and control travel and visa arrangements.
- Support visits from other Culture Trip offices.
- Process expenses for Directors and the Senior Management team.
- Acknowledge birthdays and other key events.
- Support the onboarding of new starters.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Organised, detail-orientated and accurate.
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive can do attitude.
- Strong communication skills, providing clear and consistent communication between the team, internal departments, other Culture Trip offices and external parties
- Proficient at using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google suite.
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative to respond to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
We value ambitious, adaptable individuals who possess the passion and drive to bring Culture Trip’s mission to fruition in every aspect of their work. With an action bias, you should be a humble, hard working self-starter who is eager to take on their next challenge. Your style should be open, inclusive, honest, and collaborative. Our employees are passionate about culture, travel, food, and the arts and are committed to our mission of exploring all the interesting differences which make our world so unique.
How to Apply:
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role.
Make sure to include ‘ Office Manager (NYC) ’ in the subject line of your email.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.