Manager of Marketing (London)
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 12 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
The Manager of Marketing will be responsible for proactively developing, executing and managing multi-platform marketing campaigns across consumer and B2B touchpoints. The Manager reports into the VP of Marketing. This a is a dynamic and creative thinker who can conceptualize and implement strategies that grow the brand and the audience. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working hand-in- hand with Editorial teams, Sales teams and Product teams to develop and execute best-in-class, marketing solutions.
Manager of Marketing (London)
- Work closely with VP and support staff to architect cross-platform programs that elevate marketing initiatives
- Research, discover and share new trends in media and marketing to develop new and innovative campaigns for the brand
- Leverage programming assets, consumer behaviors, insights and marketplace intelligence to help evolve the brand, product and content
- Key focus on the management and execution of marketing programs as the main point of contact for timelines, budgets, asset production, creative, etc
- Track delivery, making optimization recommendations, and capture campaign performance measurements in collaboration with research departments and social teams to analyze post campaign performance
- Partner with Sales to create compelling, insight-driven sponsorship packages that elevate the brand and drive revenue
- Ideate and execute pilot programs for the contributor network
- Build thoughtfully designed materials to convey strategic initiatives to educate across multiple departments and external parties
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience in a marketing, digital/social publishers, promotions/advertising/creative agency or branded entertainment/production company
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Proactive and strategic thinker
- Excellent PowerPoint, Photoshop, and Excel skills
- Skilled diplomat who works effectively across multiple departments and external parties
- Experience engaging Executive leadership
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high performance group with multiple projects at one time
- Strong desire to work for a global brand and to contribute to innovation within the organization
- Understanding for how to apply marketing strategy to creative ideas and campaign activation across all platforms (digital, mobile, social and event marketing) with a focus in digital and social media
- Understanding of community management and fan engagement on social platforms and experience creating content with a platform intentional approach
- Understanding of video, collateral, and event production
- Familiarity with Adobe creative suite, Photoshop and editing ability a plus
- A passion for technology, content and culture
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com with your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your salary expectations and notice period.
Make sure you include ‘Manager of Marketing (London)’ in the subject line of your email. The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.