Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 400k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for an ambitious legal counsel to join our small legal team.
We offer an independent, dynamic and ambitious working environment with plenty of potential to leave a mark, and the opportunity to work on exciting projects across all departments – social, editorial, commercial and tech. We’re data- and social-driven (think Buzzfeed, but more substantial), with a solid intellectual backbone (think FT Weekend, but more accessible).
Starting date: ASAP
Reporting to legal counsel of Culture Trip.
- You will partner with and provide legal advice to all teams at Culture Trip;
- Your work will span a variety of issues: drafting and reviewing NDA’s, general terms and conditions and other contracts, advising on data protection matters, IP matters, conducting research on legal issues, legislative developments and case law, and improving and implementing template agreements and legal processes; and
- You will provide pragmatic and detailed legal advice.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Lawyer with high quality 1-2 years post qualification experience in a law firm or in-house environment;
- Excellent academics, training at a top tier firm;
- Ability to work in London;
- Proven solid foundation and understanding of general commercial law and intellectual property law;
- Experience working with an internet, media or technology company is a plus;
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills;
- Pragmatic, culturally aware/sensitive and flexible;
- Excellent management, people and communication skills;
- Self-starting attitude and confident to interact with individuals at all levels of the organisation, both in person and over the phone or Skype;
- Enthusiastic, dynamic and collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility; and
- Comfortable working within a global company with people from different cultural backgrounds, and liaising across different time zones.
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Legal Counsel’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 15 December, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.