Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 11 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 600k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for an experienced commercial legal counsel to join our Legal Team. This role will report to the head of the Legal Team and will see you work as a true partner supporting some of our fantastic teams.
This is a diverse, challenging and exciting role which offers the opportunity to work with colleagues across the business in a growing tech and media company.
Location: Central London
Start Date: ASAP
- Responsible for providing general legal advice and support to various teams on a wide range of commercial, transactional, compliance, regulatory and cross border matters;
- Work with business teams as well as other members of the Legal Team to research and evaluate risk factors regarding business decisions and operations and providing guidance to on such risk factors including intellectual property and data protection;
- Draft and negotiate agreements and other legal documents to ensure legal rights of Culture Trip; and
- Work on special projects as assigned to improve service and meet client needs such as compliance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Excellent academics;
- 2-5 years post qualifying years of experience at a top notch law firm or in-house;
- Strong background in commercial and contract law;
- Intellectual property and data protection experience;
- Interest in technology and media;
- Able to translate complex legal issues into clear advice;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Strong business acumen;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Able to think on your feet.
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your expected salary and notice period. We will not be considering incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Legal Counsel’ in the subject line of your email.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.