Lead Product Designer
Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 400k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
You will be passionate about building excellent B2C user experiences for native apps and mobile-first responsive design websites. A born leader, you will be passionate about mentoring junior/mid-level designers and also be very hands on. Reporting to the ‘Director of Design and UX’, you will be ‘T shaped’ in both UX and visual design and be an excellent communicator with outstanding stakeholder management skills.
Location: Tel Aviv
Start Date: ASAP
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor or equivalent education in interaction design, digital design or user experience design
- 5-10 years of experience in designing web products and native mobile applications (Android and iOS), knowledge of platform specific design patterns (iOS, Material Design)
- Has owned end to end design process for several products or significant features of products
- Experience with an entire design flow, from research, through prototyping, and up to highly accurate design delivery
- Experience with the latest design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Invision etc.)
- Passionate about ‘User Centred Design’ approaches and working with researcher/s to ensure an iterative prototyping and usability testing cycle
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hebrew, being able to sell your design solutions across the business
- A team player, with a constant drive to continue learning best practice and staying tuned into the latest design patterns.
- An online portfolio showing: strong, creative UI/UX problem solving on web and native apps
- Experience working closely with Product and Development teams
- Experience influencing senior stakeholders and mentoring junior/mid-level designers
- Branding skills (nice to have)
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Lead Product Designer’ in the subject line of your email.