Lead Brand Designer
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 12 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for an experienced brand-led designer to join our growing in-house creative team. You will have experience leading a team or mentoring junior designers. You will have strong layout and typographic skills in digital and print. With experience implementing brands into products and materials. You will be responsible for leading a team in London and New York, carrying out design briefs supplied by the Brand, Commercial & Marketing teams, developing initial concepts through to final design.
- Responsible for setting standards, ideation, creating original designs, brand development and guardianship, supervising projects
- Building and managing a growing team of designers in London and New York
- Hands on design role to work across Brand, Marketing and Editorial
- Working alongside the Creative Director and branding team to uphold visual identity and ensuring consistency across all published material
- Creating guidelines and visualising creative assets for pitch decks
- Working with Editorial teams to create key visuals
- Creating graphics for the Culture Trip website, social media platforms, e-newsletters, and other marketing collateral
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong layout and typographic skills in digital and print
- Experience implementing brands into products and materials
- Experience supervising or mentoring junior designers
- Ability to clearly present their designs and process
- Able to bring to life Sales and Marketing concepts through mockups
- Highly competent in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Lightroom
- Proactive and able to drive a project from start to finish
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work to tight timelines
- Must be able to quickly concept ideas but also deliver well crafted executions
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, links to your portfolio and a brief covering letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period.
Make sure you include ‘ Lead Brand Designer ’ in the subject line of your email. The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.