Junior Video Editor (NYC)
Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 400k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We’re looking for a creative, organized and motivated Junior Video Editor to join our growing production team here at Culture Trip. You will be in charge of ensuring that our video content produced in various countries around the world is edited to produce an attractive, high-quality, finished video. You will be comfortable with fast turnarounds and will be able to articulate your ideas clearly and confidently. It’s important in this role that you have a strong appreciation of cultural subtleties, as we create films that span territories across the globe. You will create films that convey this diversity, while adhering to a recognizable Culture Trip style. You will report directly to a Culture Trip Video Commissioner and be based in our NYC office.
Start Date: ASAP
Junior Video Editor (NYC)
- Consistently turn around creative edits.
- Work with a wide range of digital camera formats and their respective file based workflows.
- Ingest media from a variety of formats, transcoding when necessary.
- Subtitling when necessary.
- Source music for edits from our music library.
- Work with our Cloud Server system.
Skills and Experience
- A degree in film production (or relevant other qualification) and at least 1-2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experienced in editing with Premiere Pro CC is a must.
- Ability to create and edit motion graphics in After Effects CC.
- You should be highly passionate about creating exciting, inspiring, and snackable films about cultures all around the world.
- The ability to work at speed in a fast turnaround environment, without sacrificing quality of content.
- Appreciation of global audience and subtlety of cultural differences across the world.
- An understanding of offline and online workflows for video production.
- Be comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your salary expectations and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Junior Video Editor (NYC) ’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 15 December 2017, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.