Junior Video Commissioner (London)
Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 400k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced professional based in our London office to remotely manage a group of videographers in various cities and countries (hubs). As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should have a desire to make a real impact on how millions of locals and visitors experience their cities. We will need you to be methodical while retaining a creative edge for strategic brainstorming to find new, better approaches to ensuring the success of our hub system.
We offer an independent and dynamic working environment with plenty of potential to make an impact, and the opportunity to work on exciting content in cooperation with our four departments: editorial, social media, commercial and tech.
Junior Video Commissioner (London)
- Remotely manage and lead a group of freelance videographers across a number of locations worldwide.
- Develop useful, inspiring and insightful stories to commission across your portfolio of cities/countries.
- Manage a series of productions simultaneously.
- Recruit freelance videographers on a regular basis or as needed.
- Oversee the output of the cities/countries you manage, paying careful attention to issues related to both quality and quantity of content.
- You will work with content across the following genres: travel, food, fashion, art, design, film, literature, music, real estate & architecture, sports, tech & entrepreneurship, and health & wellness.
- You will need to evaluate and revise systems under pressing deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience in media and/or publishing as an editor or production assistant.
- Strong knowledge of the pre-production and production workflow for video.
- Exceptionally strong in editorial, with an eye for compelling ideas for content across a selection of locations and interests.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with video formats.
- Superb management, organizational and people skills are an absolute must.
- Previous remote management experience is a strong asset.
- Previous experience managing budgets is a plus.
- Aptitude for web analytics is desirable, including experience with Google Analytics or other related software.
- Passion for culture, travel, food, art, lifestyle.
- You need a self-starting attitude and to be confident interacting with writers and potential partners, both in person and over the phone or Skype.
- You need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic yet collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility.
- You should be comfortable working within a global company and liaising across different time zones.
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Junior Video Commissioner (London) ’ in the subject line of your email.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.