Junior Production Coordinator (NYC)
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 4 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 650k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We’re looking for an organized and proactive Junior Production Coordinator to join our growing video production team here at Culture Trip. You will assist our Video Commissioners in the day-to-day management and operations of our international video projects. This role will be largely administrative but is vital in ensuring that our diverse video content produced globally is delivered to a high standard. You will be comfortable managing a series of productions simultaneously and will be able to clearly communicate with videographers and featured outlets across the world via phone, Skype and email.
Start Date: ASAP
Junior Production Coordinator (NYC)
- Managing a series of productions simultaneously.
- Researching ideas and briefs set by a Video Commissioner.
- Setting up our shoots overseas, contacting featured outlets for permissions and permits when necessary.
- Liaising with our various videographers abroad, ensuring that they have all the information and production support required.
- Assisting with the management of our post-production facilities.
- Organising and logging incoming and outgoing files on our server.
- Editing smaller projects when required.
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to brief.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ideal candidate would have a degree in film production (or relevant other qualification)
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role. Production experience is essential.
- Ability to communicate clearly with people from various countries and cultural backgrounds is essential.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Previous experience with remote filming is a plus.
- Knowledge and an understanding on how to operate a DSLR camera is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Must be comfortable working across different timezones.
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state salary expectations and notice period. We will not be considering incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Junior Production Coordinator (NYC)’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 28 February, but the sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.