Junior Production Coordinator (NYC)
Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We’re looking for an organized and proactive Junior Production Coordinator to join our growing video production team here at Culture Trip. You will assist our Video Commissioners in the day-to-day management and operations of our international video projects. This role will be largely administrative but is vital in ensuring that our diverse video content produced globally is delivered to a high standard. You will be comfortable managing a series of productions simultaneously and will be able to clearly communicate with videographers and featured outlets across the world via phone, Skype and email.
Start Date: ASAP
Junior Production Coordinator (NYC)
- Managing a series of productions simultaneously.
- Researching ideas and briefs set by a Video Commissioner.
- Setting up our shoots overseas, contacting featured outlets for permissions and permits when necessary.
- Liaising with our various videographers abroad, ensuring that they have all the information and production support required.
- Assisting with the management of our post-production facilities.
- Organising and logging incoming and outgoing files on our server.
- Editing smaller projects when required.
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to brief.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ideal candidate would have a degree in film production (or relevant other qualification)
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role. Production experience is essential.
- Ability to communicate clearly with people from various countries and cultural backgrounds is essential.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Previous experience with remote filming is a plus.
- Knowledge and an understanding on how to operate a DSLR camera is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Must be comfortable working across different timezones.
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your salary expectations and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Junior Production Coordinator (NYC)’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 15 November 2017, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.