Junior Photo Retoucher (London)
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for a Junior Photo Retoucher to join our in-house photography team in London.
You will be responsible for modifying and enhancing a wide range of images taken by our network of freelance photographers around the world and making a selection to include in a number of Culture Trip articles; a variety of exciting content including travel, lifestyle, architecture, food, home & interiors, local culture, art & design, health & wellness and portraiture. You will work towards making Culture Trip known for exceptional images across the site and app, and help build up assets in our Digital Asset Management (DAM) library. You should be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with other departments, and demonstrate the ability to brainstorm, ideate, create and execute content plans with your own team.
Junior Photo Retoucher (London)
- Editing and retouching RAW images in Adobe Lightroom, ensuring the treatment adheres to our in-house style guide.
- Adding relevant metadata to images in Lightroom.
- Creating an edit and uploading images into articles on WordPress.
- Assist in managing incoming assets and populate our DAM.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Outstanding knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Strong eye for high-quality, compelling visual content.
- Good working knowledge of image metadata.
- Familiar with VSCO and other Lightroom presets desirable.
- Good working knowledge of WordPress desirable.
- Passionate about photography and the creation of compelling imagery.
- A creative eye with attention to detail.
- Ability to work diligently and independently.
- Receptive to guidance and feedback.
- Passionate about discovery, creativity and world culture.
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Junior Photo Retoucher (London)’ in the subject line of your email.
Please note that we unfortunately cannot respond to every applicant personally due to the large volume of employment inquiries we receive.