Internal Communications Manager
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 11 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian, Sky, BBC and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 600k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, marketing, communications, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
The Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for managing Internal Communications at Culture Trip, ensuring employees around the globe are fully up to date with news about the business.
Based in the London, they will lead Internal Communications across Culture Trip, which currently has offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv.
This role reports to the VP Communications and sits alongside other communications managers covering consumer, influencer and trade communications.
Internal Communications Manager
The Internal Communications Manager will:
- Develop a calendar of internal communications activity at Culture Trip
- Work in synch with external communications colleagues, to ensure news is shared with staff at the same time it is announced to press
- Organise regular all-staff meetings and take ownership for compiling the presentations at each of them
- Write a weekly digital newsletter (or equivalent) and distribute it to all Culture Trip employees
- Draft internal communications emails/documents for the CEO and other senior staff members, as and when required
- Organise staff events, such as Summer and Christmas parties
- Highly motivated with a passion for internal communications
- A strong writer, with the ability to develop key messaging and craft a story
- Creative, with ideas for interesting ways to engage with a relatively young workforce
- Experienced in organising staff events
- Organised and efficient, while adept at working to specific deadlines
- Good knowledge of popular culture and/or technology
- Collaborative, with the ability to be good team player
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands in a busy environment
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience in internal communications. Experience of working in a start-up culture would be advantageous but is not essential.
Some travel between Culture Trip’s global offices will be required.
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your expected salary and notice period.
Make sure you include ‘Internal Comms Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: Sunday, 18 February
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.