In-house Photographer (London)
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for a creative and organised professional to develop and shoot photographic content out of our London office. You will work closely with our various content teams with the aim of publishing high-quality visual content and building up our resources of digital image assets.
You’ll be required to communicate and collaborate with writers, photography commissioners, commissioning editors, video commissioners, and illustration commissioners regularly. The ability to brainstorm, ideate, create and execute on content plans within your team and to work quickly to mobilise around key events, trends and news is crucial.
You should be a confident and diligent person with the demonstrated ability to produce quality work in line with our brand while meeting ambitious targets. You should always operate with scale in mind, establishing robust yet flexible processes to maximise assets and ensure systems can grow quickly and under pressure. You must have a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility, and be an enthusiastic and collaborative team player. We offer an independent and dynamic working environment with plenty of potential to make an impact, and the opportunity to develop exciting content in cooperation with our departments: content, social media, commercial and tech.
Starting date: ASAP
In-House Photographer (London)
– Produce original photography for our content teams and digital asset management system for the following verticals: travel, food, fashion, art, design, health & wellness, sport, music, film and tech
– Creatively apply a data-driven approach to photography production in line with our overall content strategy
– Working with the wider content team, identify existing articles that would benefit from original photography and produce quality assets
– Brainstorm ideas for photography-led content and bring these to life
– Work with the wider content team focused on your region, as well as photo commissioners in other teams to come up with format and series ideas, as well as plans to cover key events and trends in EMEA
– You will need to evaluate and revise processes under pressing deadlines
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– At least 2 years’ experience as a professional photographer in editorial content creation
– Experience working at a fast-paced media company and/or publication
– Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Lightroom and Photoshop
– An in-depth knowledge of London and locations in EMEA, and out-of-the-box thinking to cover these locations in an editorially creative way
– Strong eye for compelling visuals and ideas for content across a selection of locations and verticals
– Superb organisational and people skills are an absolute must
– Strong understanding of copyright, content licensing laws and IP rights associated with digital assets
– Aptitude for web analytics is desirable, including experience with Google Analytics or other related software
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, links to your portfolio and a brief covering letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘In-house Photographer (London)’ in the subject line of your email. The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.