Head of Product Marketing
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 600k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
Culture Trip is seeking a talented professional who is knowledgeable and passionate about working with Product and Engineering teams to build amazing experiences for consumers and businesses. The ideal candidate will have experience with building teams that partner with Product Management and Revenue/Sales teams to gather insights from the market and launch products successfully to both consumer and B2B markets. She/He will have management strengths such as showing care, setting clear expectations and goals, and holding people and the team accountable for success. This position will be responsible for leading a team of product marketers who will build our next generation of products for Culture Trip. She or he will hire and support a PMM team as they conduct market-needs assessments and competitive research to influence product roadmaps, develop and execute global launch plans to bring both consumer and B2B products to market, as well as support products already in-market. Excellent cross-functional leadership, analytical and communication skills, and comfort with ambiguity are a must. This is a full-time position based at Culture Trip headquarters in London.
Head of Product Marketing
- Build and lead a high performing, highly collaborative team and inspire leaders across multiple marketing disciplines
- Conceptualize and implement business marketing strategy and plans across all of Culture Trip
- Develop marketing solutions across all marketing programs, communication channels, regions, and functions
- Activate stories and programs at scale through our communications vehicles and regional marketing efforts
- Identify scaled marketing methods to land key messages and drive adoption of Culture Trip’s marketing solutions across sales, clients, agencies and content partners
- Prioritize and manage marketing budgets
- Develop and cultivate cross functional relationships with teams across FB as well as external partners
- 15+ years of relevant marketing experience
- Experience activating marketing at scale through, and with, sales teams and partners
- Experience with all/most partners covered by this function
- Track record of increasing responsibility and getting maximum leverage out of existing resources
- Communicator with the ability to craft and develop narratives and command a room and engage audiences from a variety of perspectives
- Proven experience recruiting, developing, managing and leading diverse and high-performing distributed marketing teams
- Established and innovative marketing leader with a broad, diverse marketing background
- A strategic thinker with strong tactical acumen
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role, your current notice period and salary expectations. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Head of Product Marketing‘ in the subject line of your email.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.