Head of Social Video
Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 400k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We’re looking for an ambitious and experienced video professional to lead our innovative, fast-moving social video efforts globally.
As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and 7+ years of management and leadership experience, you should be passionate about leading people to fantastic results, executing global creative strategies and building things from scratch. You should also have a love of all things social, and be passionate about the future of social video.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and executing an impactful social video strategy, with a focus on quality, original video across all social media platforms. You will work in tandem with Social Media Directors in London and NYC, part-manage the social video teams in both countries, and report to the VP Social.
We offer an independent, dynamic and ambitious working environment with plenty of creative freedom and the potential to leave a mark. We’re data- and social-driven, with a solid intellectual backbone.
Location: Old Street/Clerkenwell, London
Starting date: ASAP
Head of Social Video Advertising
Your responsibility will be to lead Culture Trip’s social video teams into our next stage of growth. You will be at the helm of innovation in video content, and heavily involved in the entire social media team’s strategic direction.
- Lead a fast-moving team of video content creators in two offices: London and New York. More locations may be added in 2018.
- Provide strong strategic direction, inspiration and development to the team.
- Design and execute strategies with the goal of enhancing the quality of our videos, while expanding our original (non-UGC) video offering.
- Strengthen Culture Trip’s video presence across all the social platforms, thinking Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and others.
- Take us to the next stage of growth.
- Widen the social video team expertise across the entire company.
- Represent the social video team across all relevant stakeholders in the business, as well as in an external and public-facing capacity.
- 7+ years of managing video professionals and teams, and ideally experience building content teams from scratch
- Proven track record of designing and executing solid creative strategies that deliver real results – and doing so on a global scale
- Extensive experience working with social video in a variety of different companies and roles, and across all platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube). In that, we’d like you to have experience working with UGC as well as editorial video content and large productions
- Superb storytelling skills – we’re looking for someone who can help the team create compelling, original narratives in every single video
- Passion for testing, analyzing and innovating content, bringing new insights to your team every day
- The ideal candidate will also be a dynamic, high-energy, seasoned manager who has previously built and led teams in another media and video brand. Being able to define short and long-term strategies is key.
- Excellent organisational, leadership, problem-solving, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to lead global teams and enable people from different areas of the team and business to work together effectively
- Start-up experience is preferred, but experience working in any fast-paced organisation is also welcome
- An open, transparent and confident leadership style is required; someone who is able to galvanise those around them to perform at their very best and drive hyper-growth.
- A strategic thinker who places the user at the heart of everything they do, constantly striving for excellence and delivering results.
- A self-starter with entrepreneurial flair – a doer and delivery expert. Ambitious and highly adaptable, a compulsory attribute in the context of a global business in hyper-growth mode.
- Someone who keeps up to date with developments in their field of expertise and monitors/analyses the content efforts of competitors.
- A real thirst for knowledge, read widely and readily share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- A love to excel and succeed.
- Someone who really cares about the success and well-being of the people around them.
- We’re a tight-knit team who loves to brainstorm and get creative. We’re looking for a leader who is adaptable, committed, and an ego-free, personable team player.
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching the following:
- Your CV
- Brief cover letter explaining why you’re the right candidate for this role
- Describe what you’re like as a manager of people
- Outline what you find to be the most exciting opportunity in social video right now
Please make sure you include HEAD OF SOCIAL VIDEO ADVERTISING in the subject line.
We’re accepting applications until 15 December 2017, but please don’t wait to respond we would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.