Head of Business Development
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 600k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We’re seeking an experienced leader to build and lead business development and strategic tech and content alliances across the family of Culture Trip products. As a global platform, it is our responsibility to establish meaningful relationships with key ecosystem stakeholders; and manage C-suite relationships to deliver mutually beneficial products and services. You will grow and mentor a high-performing teams in New York and London that works cross-functionally with product, engineering, legal, and marketing to negotiate on behalf of Culture Trip. This is a is full-time role based in our main office in London.
Head of Business Development
- Build, lead and mentor a team of business development professionals.
- Identify new partners and negotiate first-of-their kind business and technical terms with them across a variety of initiatives including content partnerships and strategic relationships.
- Manage relationships with key players and platform holders in the tech ecosystem including Facebook, Apple, Google, and Airbnb.
- Partner with Product and Content teams to identify growth opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product and content decisions
- Track, analyze, influence, and communicate key metrics to build opportunities and experiences that create scale and meaningful ecosystem value.
- 15+ years of related experience working in business development and strategic alliances
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in complex, first of their kinds deals with large and small companies
- Proven track record of building and scaling teams
- Experience in partner management, a track record of influencing change in organizations, and the ability to synthesize and execute against problems and timelines.
- Experience developing, negotiating and signing industry leading deals with market share leaders to deliver value to the ecosystem
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities coupled with knowledge of operating principles
- Project management leadership experience, able to lead multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects across a global cross-functional team
- Experience engaging with C-level of any partner organization
- Global work and team management experience
- Fluency in more than one language
- MBA or MS degree or equivalent experience
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role, your current notice period and salary expectations. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Head of Business Development‘ in the subject line of your email.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.