Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for an experienced brand-led graphic designer to join our growing in-house creative team. You will have a strong technical and creative abilities, an eye for detail as well as a good knowledge of design practice. You will be responsible for carrying out design briefs supplied by the Brand, Commercial & Marketing teams, developing initial concepts through to final design. You will ensure that our brand’s visual identity is consistent and is carried across brand assets, integrated campaigns and marketing collateral.
Start Date: ASAP
- Designing template layouts for style guides, commercial decks, internal and external presentations, promotional and marketing, whilst maintaining brand identity.
- Upholding visual identity and ensuring consistency across all published material
- Working alongside the art directors and branding team to carry the brand identity across all design assets.
- Creating graphics for the Culture Trip website, social media platforms, e-newsletters, and other marketing collateral.
- Helping to maintain all aspects of visual branded content
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Excellent typography skills
- Highly competent in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop & Lightroom
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a group
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and timelines
- Ability to work proactively and take own initiative on every project
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to provide creative input across print and digital campaigns
- Passion for design and creative culture
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role, your current notice period and salary expectations. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Graphic Designer’ in the subject line of your email.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.