Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 400k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We are looking to film local content covering travel, food, art, culture and more around the world.
This is a great opportunity for an entry-level videographer looking to build up their portfolio of work, shooting creative, engaging and entertaining stories.
You will be remotely managed by a Culture Trip Video Commissioner based in our London office and we will also service all post-production.
Please note the successful candidate must own and operate their own video and audio equipment (see approved devices below).
- Canon 5DMk3, Nikon D800, Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s or similar.
- Other optional devices: GoPro HERO4 onwards, DJI Osmo, DJI Drone series.
- If your camera is not listed above, please state the make and model in your cover letter along with an example of previous work.
We are looking for video content creators based in the following locations:-
- Mumbai/New Delhi
- New Zealand
- Cape Town/Johannesburg
- Mexico City
- Rio de Janeiro/Sao Paulo
- Caribbean Islands
- New Orleans
- Tel Aviv/Jerusalem
If your location is not specified, please get in touch and we will consider applications on a case by case basis. Alternatively if you are travelling to an interesting or remote location, we would also like to hear from you.
- Film across various locations in your city.
- Respond to video briefs on a regular basis.
- Upload video files to our cloud server once filming is complete.
- Follow Culture Trip’s style guide in the production of all content.
- Ensure the regular, consistent submission of all content on a schedule agreed upon with your assigned Video Commissioner
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with filming video content, either as a videographer or content creator.
- A showreel or links to previous video work.
- Previous experience conducting on-camera interviews is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of specific locations or areas within your city, state, or country.
- Familiarity with current trends in video content production.
- Ability to work quickly yet effectively, filming a large amount of quality content to tight deadlines.
- A creative eye with attention to detail.
- Ability to work diligently and independently.
- Receptive to guidance and feedback, delivered by your assigned Commissioner.
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Freelance Videographer/Filmmaker + location ’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 15 December, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.