Culture Trip is a startup inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through our global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Founded in London in 2011 by former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, our content reaches over 11M visitors and 200M social media users every month.
We were recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2M by a top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 135 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, illustrators and animators. Within the last 9 months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago), 4.4 million people follow our social media channels and more than 550k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our engineering, editorial, commercial, marketing and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for talented freelance photographers around the world to cover a range of content in their local areas including travel, lifestyle, architecture, food, home & interiors, local culture, art & design, health & wellness and portraiture. We are looking to recruit a network of photographers who will be remotely managed by the photography commissioners based at our London and New York offices.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious and adventurous photographers looking to expand their portfolio of work, shooting creative, engaging and inspiring stories on a freelance basis.
Candidates must own and operate their own equipment and are accepting applicants from locations worldwide.
- Photograph specific briefs on a freelance basis.
- Follow Culture Trip’s style guide in the production of all content.
- Ensure the submission of content on a schedule agreed upon with your assigned photography commissioner.
- Ability to shoot for editorial content and take the initiative while on shoot.
- Familiar with model and property releases as well as location permissions.
- Experienced with RAW format and image organisation.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Good understanding of the technicalities involved in producing high quality images.
- Excellent knowledge of specific locations or areas within your city, state or country.
- Previous experience working on editorial photography assignments.
- Previous experience shooting portraiture, travel, lifestyle and interiors.
- Be able to pitch photography led stories.
- Passionate about photography and the creation of compelling imagery.
- A creative eye with attention to detail.
- Ability to work diligently and independently.
- Receptive to guidance and feedback, delivered by your assigned commissioner.
- Passion about discovery, creativity and world culture.
How to Apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV, your equipment list and a link to your online portfolio.
Please include ‘ Freelance Photographer [location] ’ in the subject line. We will not be considering incomplete applications.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.