Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 400k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for talented freelance illustrators to cover a range of content including; travel, lifestyle, food, books, health & wellness and local culture. We are looking to recruit a pool of illustrators from all over the globe who will be remotely managed by our Illustration Commissioner based in our London office.
This is an excellent paid opportunity for entry-level illustrators looking to build their portfolio, showcase their work and gain editorial illustration experience on either a one off or regular basis.
Start Date: ASAP
- Create illustrations for specific articles and illustrated series on either a one off or regular basis
- Respond to briefs set by the Illustration Commissioner
- Submit roughs before the agreed deadline so the Illustration Commissioner can assist in directing your work to the brief
- Ensure the consistent submission of quality content on a schedule agreed upon with the Illustration Commissioner
- Follow Culture Trip’s style guide in the production of all content.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Illustration/visual arts background or experience
- Links to a portfolio of previous work
- Awareness of Culture Trip and the content we produce
- Previous experience responding to editorial briefs is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of specific locations or areas within your city, state, or country
- Familiarity with current trends in illustration
- Ability to work quickly yet effectively, creating quality content to tight deadlines
- Passionate about illustration and the creation of compelling imagery
- A creative eye with attention to detail
- Ability to work diligently and independently
- Receptive to guidance and feedback, delivered by your assigned Commissioner
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Freelance Illustrators’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 31 December 2017, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.