Executive Assistant to the CEO
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 11 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced professional Executive Assistant to the CEO based in our London office. You should be a confident, extremely diligent and professional EA with experience in a similar tech/media organisation.
Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Deliver proactive, highly organised support for the CEO and possibly other key executive members
- To provide the CEO with an effective and efficient executive service
- Proactively take full responsibility for the management of diaries, organise and plan meetings and events including any preparation required
- Intricate calendar management
- Be very aware of and prioritise the CEO’s business matters, raising as appropriate
- Assisting in the creation and development of documentation ahead of management and team meetings, ensuring a high standard of accuracy and presentation is maintained
- To act as a principal point of contact for internal and external clients for the CEO
- Organise and manage frequent international travel arrangements
- Process expenses for the CEO and other executive members
- Prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in a similar role
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive can do attitude
- Exceptional communication skills, providing clear and consistent communication between the CEO, executive team, internal departments and external parties
- Confident, articulate, and can demonstrate great presence and gravitas
- Proficient at using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google suite
- Proficient at complex diary management to ensure smooth operational logistics
- Organised, detail-oriented and accurate
- Discrete, able to exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative to respond to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Approachable and supportive professional
- Experience within a similar Tech / media company at a similar stage of hyper-growth
- Ability to deal with change and fast-pace
- High levels of emotional resilience
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Executive Assistant to the CEO’ in the subject line of your email.
We are looking to fill this role ASAP so the sooner you apply, the higher your chances of being considered.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.