Editorial SEO Manager (London)
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 11 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 600k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
Culture Trip is looking for an ambitious SEO Manager with experience in the publishing sector to work with the editorial teams and writers. The candidate will work with the editors by identifying and closing content gaps and creating successful on-page campaigns, as well as consulting and advising on SEO best practice. The person will be required to apply latest industry knowledge to optimise from single pages to site sections/full website, scale out traffic driving content hubs and create a search friendly information architecture.
You will be expected to adapt our global SEO strategy to our genres and locations and plan supporting activities in the best possible way, identifying growth areas and stitching together individual content pieces with a strong, easy to crawl and clear internal linking structure.
This position is suitable for a candidate with comprehensive SEO knowledge covering on- as well as off- pages tactics and strategies.
- Supporting our written content teams with SEO insights, content gap analysis on trends, content and keyword planning and on-page optimisation of high value pages
- Monitoring and providing analysis on keyword research, link tracking and rank checking
- Putting forward editorial recommendations, both for headlines and content across main categories: evergreen content, forward planning and seasonal content
- Support and educate writers with understanding SEO to improve optimisation and search traffic
- Reporting on performance against benchmarks and proposing improvements or alternative approaches.
- Build a robust SEO content process to ensure new SEO requirements are identified and built into the Hubs and Genre workflows.
- Manage, maintain and increase the online presence of Culture Trip’s website by utilising modern organic on-page search and online marketing techniques.
- Utilise analytical tools and methods to identify new SEO opportunities.
- Research new SEO industry developments, tactics and strategies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven track record in a SEO role
- Able to create, justify, communicate and implement organic search strategies to the SEO team, internal teams and external writers
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Experience of competitor analysis and risk management
- Proven track record of developing successful ethical campaigns that result in the acquisition of high-quality inbound links.
- Knowledge of on- and off page ranking factors and optimisation techniques
- Confidence working within cross-functional, international teams
- Digital content management (CMS) experience, understanding of HTML
- Experience using 3rd party tools such as Google Search Console, Searchmetrics, Moz, MajesticSEO etc.
- Passion for Digital and Search Marketing
- Experience within the travel/publishing industry is desirable
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be considering incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Editorial SEO Manager (London)’ in the subject line of your email.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.