Tech - TLV
Director of Product
Culture Trip is a startup inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through our global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Founded in London in 2011 by former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, our content reaches over 11M visitors and 200M social media users every month.
We were recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2M by a top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 135 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, illustrators and animators. Within the last 9 months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago), 4.4 million people follow our social media channels and more than 550k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our engineering, editorial, commercial, marketing and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for a Director of Product, reporting to the CPO, who is both hands-on and technical yet also user and design oriented. A born leader that can think strategically and also be pragmatic and tactical. You should have a proven record in working with world-class engineering and design teams on consumer-facing products preferably involving media, search, recommendations and travel. As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should think outside the box and take the initiative to continuously enhance the look, feel and user experience of Culture Trip.
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and successful startup in a dynamic and fast-moving space. You will be responsible for how users interact with Culture Trip apps and website to explore the fascinating differences between people places and cultures around the world. You need to be passionate about building a truly global platform for local culture and about new ways to distribute quality content of all types in the social and mobile age.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building a comprehensive, cohesive strategy and roadmap for the overall user experience of our native Apps and Website and how this user experience empowers users to explore all the interesting differences between people, places and cultures around the world
- Taking the lead on optimizing, shaping and refining our product offering.
- Developing and optimizing our product offering in line with our underlying technology
- Quickly identify new market opportunities within media and travel and innovate on new format types and new ways of telling stories and exploring differences.
- Understanding and deeply caring about customer needs
- Ensuring our product stays ahead of and leads the curve.
- Liaising with the editorial, social media and commercial teams, allowing them to influence and optimise the product in line with the needs of all sides of the business.
- Collaborating with the engineering team in Tel Aviv and London to determine the best technical implementation methods.
- Working with our design team on creating an elegant and beautiful UI across our product range.
- Being responsible for timely, efficient delivery and handle releases.
- Driving innovation on all levels across our product range.
PREFEREED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or post-graduate degree in Computer Science or similar technical field.
- 5-10 years end-to-end product management experience with consumer-facing front-end products involving media, travel, search, recommendation or personalization.
- Significant people and organizational management skills. A natural leader and mentor.
- Proven track record of working with product designers to make world-class user experiences that delight users.
- Extensive experience in senior stakeholder management
- Substantial experience with product management for both native Apps and responsive mobile-first Websites
- Experience working in Agile/scrum (Certified Scrum Master or Certified Product Owner nice to have).
- The ability to flourish in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting and drive new initiatives.
- Hands-on software development experience (as engineer, designer or product manager), or at least a proven ability to engage deeply with data.
- Ability to produce comprehensive strategy which helps guide and prioritize the work of the Tech team
- Excellent analytical skills, paired with experience in using analytics software.
- Experience working in start-ups and within performance-driven work cultures.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams across content, social media, commercial, design and high tech.
- Strong sense of ownership, paired with great interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team setting.
- Substantial full product life-cycle experience, from conceptualization through to optimization (e.g A/B testing)
- Experience working closely with SEO teams. (Basic knowledge of SEO also required)
- Verbal and written English as good as mother's tongue.
how to apply
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Director of Product’ in the subject line of your email.