Director of Content Processes & Operations
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 4 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 650k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
As Director of Content Processes & Operations, you will oversee the development and continual improvement of the tools, process flows, and operations of content production across Culture Trip. You will lead a team of Programme Managers reporting in to you, each with specific areas of operational focus based on the priorities the content production process.
Creative, communicative and collaborative, you will have a strong background in inspiring storytelling of culture, create article content plans, and work with other editorial staffers (across photography, video and illustration) to produce engaging content.
You should be a confident and diligent person with the demonstrated ability to create and improve structures and processes, as well as lead a team. You should always operate with scale in mind, establishing robust yet flexible processes to maximise assets and ensure systems can grow quickly and under pressure. We offer an independent and dynamic working environment with plenty of potential to make an impact, and the opportunity to develop exciting content in cooperation with our departments: editorial, social media, commercial and tech.
- As Director of Content Processes & Operations, you will oversee the development and continual improvement of the tools, process flows, and operations of content production across Culture Trip
- You will lead a team of Programme Managers reporting in to you, each with specific areas of operational focus based on the priorities the content production process.
- Your team’s work will help highly creative content teams and individuals all over the world to improve the quantity and quality of the work they produce for the benefit of our users
- Your team will analyse and assess existing processes and ways of working, looking for improvements, then design and implement new and better ways of working that remove friction from the creative process and give the best possible output.
- You will also work closely with the Product team to set out a roadmap for the development of tools and features to improve content production processes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- You should have at least 5-7 years experience in operations and processes. Specific experience with content would be a real advantage.
- You should be passionate about content and creative processes
- You should be highly competent in process design, mapping and analysis.
- You should enjoy identifying and designing ways in which you can make processes run more smoothly and efficiently.
- You should have an appreciation for and affinity with the subject matter of our content.
- You should be a natural leader, able to direct and manage a team to perform at the highest level.
- You should be able to take complex problems and simplify them. You should be good at prioritising and helping others to do so too.
- You should be an excellent communicator who is able to work collaboratively on problems across multiple departments.
- You should have a strong action-bias and ability to execute on plans
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org , attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please also state your current salary and notice period. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ” Director of Content Processes & Operations ” in the subject line of your email.