Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 400k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for an outstanding, hands-on Data Analyst/Scientist, adept at not only understanding and interpreting data, but also distilling its insights and influencing change in the organisation. You should have a proven record of collecting, interpreting and disseminating data. Experience of this in the media industry would be an added bonus. You should be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, able to think outside the box and take initiative. You should have a natural affinity for numbers and be a confident communicator. Above all, you should be smart, passionate and dedicated to building a great business.
Location: Central London
Start Date: ASAP
- Analyse and interpret data from our B.I. tools, distilling useful insights
- Collect, analyse, and distribute data to drive rapid, continual testing and improvement of:
- Our content (both written and video)
- Our social media posts
- Our site and app products
- Continually develop these data tools, such as dashboards and A/B testing platforms, to enable learning across all departments (editorial, social, commercial, tech)
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise, yet accessible way, making sure insights are easy to understand for the less data-minded
- Scope appropriately pragmatic solutions to complex, unclear problems, with a focus on actionable results
- Continually seek process improvements and new insights to improve knowledge across the company
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You should have a BSc degree in Statistics, Math, Physics, Engineering, or a similar, relevant subject
- You should have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar Data Science role (specific experience within digital media publishing is a plus)
- You must be highly proficient working with data tools (specific knowledge and past experience with QlikSense or Google Analytics is a bonus)
- You will need superb analysis skills, to be numerate and highly familiar with common media and tech-industry metrics. You will be able to assess data and identify important trends and insights amongst the numbers .
- You should be a confident communicator, capable of building strong, supportive relationships and making data intelligible to all departments. You should be good at influencing these departments to make smarter decisions.
- You should be able to spot opportunities to improve processes and have the conviction to voice these improvements and the determination to see through the changes.
- Ability to tackle complex questions in a pragmatic way
- Knowledge of SQL is desired
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaSript and website administration could be beneficial
- You should be comfortable working within a global company, liaising across different time zones, and have a passion for culture.
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Data Analyst/Scientist’ in the subject line of your email.