Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 12 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for an outstanding, hands-on Data Analyst, adept at not only understanding and interpreting data, but also distilling its insights and influencing change in the organisation. You should have a proven record of collecting, interpreting and disseminating data. Experience of this in the media industry would be an added bonus. You should be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, able to think outside the box and take initiative. You should have a natural affinity for numbers and be a confident communicator. Above all, you should be smart, passionate and dedicated to building a great business.
Location: Central London
Start Date: ASAP
- Analyse and interpret data from our B.I. tools, distilling useful insights
- Collect, analyse, and distribute data to drive rapid, continual testing and improvement of:
Our content (both written and video), social media posts, website and app products
- Continually help to improve these data tools, such as dashboards and A/B testing platforms, to enable learning across all departments (Editorial, Social, Commercial, Tech)
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise, yet accessible way, making sure insights are easy to understand for the less data-minded
- Scope appropriately pragmatic solutions to complex, unclear problems, with a focus on actionable results
- Continually seek process improvements and new insights to improve knowledge across the company
Desired Skills & Experience:
- You should have a BSc degree in Statistics, Math, Physics, Engineering, or a similar, relevant subject
- You should have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar Data Analyst role (specific experience within digital media publishing is a plus)
- You must be highly proficient working with data tools (specific knowledge and past experience with QlikSense or Google Analytics is a bonus)
- You will need superb analysis skills, to be numerate and highly familiar with common media and tech-industry metrics. You will be able to assess data and identify important trends and insights amongst the numbers.
- You should be a confident communicator, capable of building strong, supportive relationships and making data intelligible to all departments. You should be good at influencing these departments to make smarter decisions.
- You should be able to spot opportunities to improve processes and have the conviction to voice these improvements and the determination to see through the changes.
- Ability to tackle complex questions in a pragmatic way
- Knowledge of SQL is desired
- You should be comfortable working within a global company, liaising across different time zones, and have a passion for culture.
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com with your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period.
Make sure you include ‘ Data Analyst ’ in the subject line of your email.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.