Corporate Communications Manager
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 11 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian, Sky, BBC and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 600k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, marketing, communications, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
The Corporate Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and executing impactful B2B campaigns within the travel, tech, media and advertising/marketing sectors.
These campaigns will help build the reputation of the Culture Trip brand, raise the profile of its senior executives and launch specific products.
This role reports to the VP Communications and sits alongside other communications managers covering consumer, influencer and internal communications.
- Design highly creative, stand out campaigns that lead to wide scale corporate and trade media coverage
- Draft press releases and other press materials to the highest standard
- Manage launch events and press days
- Have established wide ranging contacts, in particular with the travel, tech, media and advertising/marketing trade press
- Be familiar with key trade shows/festivals and be able to secure speaker opportunities
- Manage award submissions
- Evaluate campaign success and report it back to the business
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Highly motivated with a passion for PR and the media
- Organised and efficient, while adept at working to specific deadlines
- Good knowledge of popular culture and/or technology
- Collaborative and able to be good team player
- Keen interest in emerging technologies and the PR opportunities they create
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands in a busy environment
- Excellent personal and written communication skills
The successful candidate will have 5+ years experience in a B2B facing PR role in the travel, tech or media sectors. Experience of working in a start-up culture would be advantageous but not essential.
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your expected salary and notice period.
Make sure you include ‘Corporate Communications Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.