Founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts, Culture Trip is a highly ambitious and fast growing, global tech/media startup with offices in London, New York and Tel Aviv and a vast global contributor network of writers, videographers, photographers and illustrators around the world. The company was recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, the start-up received a seed round of $2M by top media/tech investor in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20M Series A in summer 2016. Since then, the company has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output and built initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016 it has grown to more than 120 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV. The company sees itself as a tech company at its core with media and creative work as its output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers, and illustrators.
Within the last 6 months, the company has experienced triple digit growth across its social media accounts, now with more than 4 million followers. Its Facebook account is now ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 10 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only 6 months ago) and more than 400k people have installed our app. We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We’re looking for an extremely sharp-eyed, diligent and dynamic individual to ensure our stories are perfect from an editorial standpoint. You will be in charge of editing articles to free them on typos, grammatical mistakes, factual errors and formatting issues, following Culture Trip’s standards and guaranteeing impeccable editorial quality across the board.
Location: Central London
- Proofread and edit all articles published on culturetrip.com as part of a team of in-house copy editors
- Transform written content into scintillating, engaging and attention-grabbing stories
- Work and liaise with writers around the world in the pre-publication stage to ensure articles adhere to Culture Trip’s in-house style and image guides
- Work with content from across the following verticals: travel, food, fashion, art, design, film, books, music, real estate & architecture, sports, tech & entrepreneurship and health & wellness
- Work under the supervision of the Senior Copy Editor, and with Editors and Hub Managers to ensure suitable and nuanced editing styles are followed for each vertical
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience as a copy editor/sub-editor or editorial assistant at an online publication, newspaper or magazine
- Exceptionally strong copy editing skills with a knack for headline-writing and an allergy to typos, grammatical mistakes and stylistic inconsistencies
- Native-level English is a crucial prerequisite
- Comprehensive knowledge of WordPress is essential
- A degree or equivalent (ideally in the humanities or English) is essential
- Strong understanding of what makes a great piece of content and how to engage readers with excellent copy
- Excellent self-management, organizational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines are essential
- Excellent at working independently and as part of a team, with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility
- Strong understanding of the nuances of social media and search engine optimized content
- You should be comfortable working within a global company and liaising with writers across different time zones
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Copy Editor’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 15 December 2017, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.