Culture Trip is a startup that inspires millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through innovative technology and a global network of local content creators. Our content reaches over 11 million site visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, The Guardian, Bloomberg, the BBC and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, filmmakers, photographers, illustrators and animators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 630k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our engineering, editorial, commercial and marketing teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring us all closer together.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Assistant Producer to join our in-house video team in London. You’ll be working alongside our video producers and commissioners, assisting in the production for both editorial and commercial video. You will be able to shoot and edit content to a high standard and, as a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should have the desire to produce outstanding content that resonates with our client base and audience.
Starting date: ASAP
- Work alongside our video producers and commissioners on commercial and editorial production
- Film and edit content to a high standard
- Assist our video producers on bidding and costing
- Work directly with our in-house video editors and coordinators, managing diaries and multiple jobs simultaneously across time zones
- Manage hours and oversee amendments on multiple commercial edits and deliverables
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least two years of experience in a commercial production environment
- A good understanding of commercial video workflows
- Knowledge of the following cameras: Canon C300, Sony FS7, Sony A7S and other high-end DSLR cameras
- Full proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- Degree in film production, or other relevant qualification
- Passion for great work, aesthetics and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly with people from various countries and cultural backgrounds is essential
- Previous experience with remote filming is a plus
- Knowledge of media law
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV, portfolio and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications. Make sure you include ‘Assistant Producer (London)’ in the subject line of your email.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.