Account Strategist (NYC)
Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 10 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last nine months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 11 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs only six months ago) and more than 500k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for an experienced marketing professional with great creative and strategy development skills. Our Account Strategist will be responsible for creating and executing marketing programs to secure, retain, and grow business. Category knowledge or relevant marketing experience in Auto, Tech, CPG & Finance verticals is valuable. Content marketing experience is a big advantage as is a thorough understanding of social distribution. Equally important is enthusiasm, a positive attitude, the capability to collaborate within a squad structure and adapt to a frequently changing start-up environment.
Start Date: ASAP
- Generate strategy & create marketing programs for automotive, technology, CPG and financial categories
- Work collaboratively within a squad structure to deliver creative concepts that will drive revenue and deliver against client objectives and help brand reach quarterly goals
- Lead brainstorming sessions with sales, planning and creative teams to answer RFPs
- Manage the execution of all aspects of individual client programs from inception to completion
- Use data and insights to build content & sales stories that are compelling for agencies and clients
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for content marketing and social distribution
- Detail oriented, multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team
- Creative, innovative thinker
- Strong presentation skills & client management
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in brand or product marketing
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please state your current salary and notice period. We will not be accepting incomplete applications.
Make sure you include ‘Account Strategist (NYC)’ in the subject line of your email.
Please note that we unfortunately cannot respond to every applicant personally due to the large volume of employment inquiries we receive.