Penn Station is the busiest train station in North America. Amtrak trains connect to routes across the continent, serving riders including ‘Amtrak Joe’ Biden, while the Long Island Rail Road speeds commuters to work via connections to the NYC Subway system. Make use of those great connections by staying at one of these top hotels nearby, all bookable with Culture Trip.
Nip and tuck into Arlo NoMad, one of three Arlo outlets in New York City. This Garment District hotel squeezes a lot of style into all 250 of its 150sqft (14sqm) rooms. Sunshine floods through floor-to-ceiling windows, while custom-designed mahogany bedframes hide extra storage. Flaunt your signature look on two floors of communal space and a rooftop patio with Instagram-worthy views of the Empire State Building.
Halfway between Times Square and Bryant Park is the LUMA, a 130-room hotel run by cheerful, helpful and professional staff – and a robot. In the contemporary rooms, you’ll find little extras such as bathroom scales and electric blackout shades. Families will appreciate the free breakfast, and children will love the treats and stuffed toys delivered to the room by Alina, the robot from room service.
Reminders of a past life as a hat factory pop up throughout this 197-room hotel in the Garment District. Desks made from sewing machine tables, 12ft-high (3.5m) oak ceilings and oak floors accent the modern industrial decor. Some rooms offer views of the nearby Empire State Building, but the best views of all, rain or shine, offers the rooftop bar, with its retractable glass roof and outdoor terrace.
Families and besties will find large rooms with sofa beds to plant themselves on at the Cambria. The floral hallway murals remind you that you’re in the Flower District. Wake up early to find 28th Street filled with masses of plants and buckets of bouquets. Load up with fruits, veggies and takeaway meals at the nearby Chelsea Market, or stroll through the plantings along the High Line.
The Moxy offers a playful nudge to guests to put a little more fun into their stay. Rooms are pared down to essentials but offer plenty of storage under custom white oak-trimmed beds or bunk beds. Large walk-in showers sport “No Diving” warnings. The most fun happens on the rooftop, the largest in the city, where topiary bears and a rotating carousel surround the bar. The in-house tattoo studio dares you to add to your permanent record, while the Blind Barber assures you that your new haircut will be fun.
Fitness fanatics will find their bliss at EVEN Hotel. Each room is a mini-gym, with resistance bands, yoga mats, standing desks, core balls and 15 channels of on-demand workouts. The 24-hour gym has free-to-use weights, and machines including Pelotons. Take advantage of the free fitness laundry service; then, take a run or power walk to Hudson Yards or the High Line, or just stroll to Penn Station at the end of the block.
You may think you’re in heaven when you wake up at INNSIDE. Furnishings, walls and soft goods are as white as the walls of the Chelsea galleries that surround the hotel. That includes the dog bed and dishes. Ask for a room or suite on the 18th floor to enjoy a private terrace. In addition to more than 200 galleries nearby, the Whitney Museum of American Art’s contemporary collection is just over 1mi (1.6km) away. Reach the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Guggenheim via the Subway at nearby Penn Station.
As trim and handsome as a three-piece suit, Park South Hotel is the ideal location for a busy business person to lay their head on high-thread-count linens. In Midtown, it’s an ideal location for making connections, Subway or otherwise. The three meeting-worthy restaurants in this 1906 landmark building are run by a James Beard Award-winning chef, while the bar, called Roof, speaks for itself. Vacationers are also welcome – sadly not their pups, though – and the hotel has gone the extra mile to grant equal access for people with disabilities.
For more excellently located New York stays, see the best hotels in Chinatown, New York, the coolest hotels in New York City and the best cheap hotels in Manhattan – they’re bookable with Culture Trip. Discover the 10 most unusual museums in NYC, or explore free things to do in New York City. To fuel your tour of the city, try the best bagel spots in Midtown, New York.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.