Your Safety Is Important To Us
To limit the spread of coronavirus, attractions may be closed or have partial closures. Please consult government travel advisories before booking. You can find more information here.
Overview7 hoursMobile & paper tickets accepted
Scafell Pike from Seathwaite is our most popular route. With your knowledgeable guide, you'll head off for a day on England's highest mountain at 3,209ft it's no walk in the park!
A rewarding experience for those with a good level of fitness and equip with suitable clothing and footwear for walking in mountainous terrain.
Towering above the Borrowdale Valley on a clear day you'll see, Wales, Blackpool's Tower, Isle of Man, Ireland and up the west coast of Scotland. The scenery is majestic from deep lakes, lush forests, mountain vistas and plenty of wildlife, flora and fauna to please everyone and with such rich history it's no wonder the Lake District is such an attraction.
- All activities
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal Walking Equipment
What to expect
This route climbs Scafell Pike, the highest mountain in England from Seathwaite in the Borrowdale Valley, near the town of Keswick.
• Distance: 9 miles
• Ascent: 3900 ft.
• Duration: 7 hours (Approx)You will meet at Seathwaite Farm in the morning and climb by Sty Head and the Corridor Route to Lingmell Col, before the final ascent to the summit of Scafell Pike. You will then return to Seathwaite Farm, passing by Broad Crag, Ill Crag and Esk Hause, descending by the Grains Gill path back to the
Where To Go
The Turning Circle, Seathwaite
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult