A new report by RentCafe, with data sourced from Yardi Matrix, shows the top 10 zip codes with the cheapest rent in the United States, and all are under $600. As it turns out, Wichita, Kansas dominates the list as one of America’s cheapest places to reside, with the average rent going for only $450 per month. It’s a drastic change from the country’s most expensive zip codes, most of which are in Manhattan, with rents averaging nearly 10 times that amount, at $4,500 per month.
The other contenders for the least expensive spot in the States include two cities in the great state of Tennessee, one in Georgia, and a few wild cards. But with Kansas’s rents so cheap, it’s no wonder Dorothy couldn’t wait to get back home.
Here the list for cheapest expensive zip codes in the United States
1. Wichita, KS. 67213 Average rent: $407
2. Wichita, KS. 67211 Average rent: $454
3. Decatur, AL. 35601 Average rent: $458
4. Memphis, TN. 38106 Average rent: $464
5. Wichita, KS. 67204 Average rent: $475
6. Columbus, GA. 31903 Average rent: $482
7. Memphis, TN. 38127 Average rent $487
8.Witchita, KS. 67218 Average rent $490
9. Memphis, TN. 38114 Average rent $494
10. Fort Wayne, IN. 46809 Average rent: $495