Mastering Mexican Salsas Cooking Class and Market Tour
Mexico City, Mexico
Discover why Mexican Salsas are a cornerstone of Mexican gastronomy and enjoy cooking and tasting 10 different salsas. Learn the history, classification, uses, secrets and how to prepare our special selection of Mexican Salsas. Focusing on the different preparation and cooking methods and the different uses of fresh and dry chilies.
All our recipes are meant for you to replicate in your daily menus back home. Salsas to be tasted with street food tacos and appetizers with a choice of fillings (Michoacan-style pork carnitas, cochinita pibil, roasted potatoes, scrambled eggs, sauteed mushrooms, quesadillas and cactus leaves). Beverages include "agua fresca", artisanal mezcal and Mexican craft beer.
Enjoy a culinary market walk to Mercado de Medellín (walking distance). We will explain market’s history, organization and offering while touring some of their main halls and have a tasting from selected market stands.
- Professional Chef guide
- Agua fresca (fruit-based water beverage)
- Alcoholic Beverages - Artisanal mezcal and Mexican craft beer
- Street tacos and appetizers with choice of fillings ("carnitas", "cochinita pibil", roasted potatoes, scrambled eggs, sauteed mushrooms, cheese and cactus leaf)
- All needed ingredients to cook Mexican salsas
- Printed recipes
- Culinary market walk to Mercado de Medellin
What To Expect
Discover why Mexican Salsas are a cornerstone of Mexican gastronomy and enjoy cooking and tasting 10 different salsas. Learn the history, classification, uses, secrets and how to prepare our special selection of Mexican Salsas that you can replicate back home and impress your friends at your next gathering.
• Aura Cocina Mexicana, Eje Vial Eje 3 Poniente (Avenida Medellin) 191 A Colonia Roma Norte, Mexico City 06700 Mexico
• Mercado de Medellin, Calle Campeche 101, Mexico City 06760
Where To Go
Medellín 191a, Roma Nte., Cuauhtémoc, 06700 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Returns to original departure point
Written Reviews (2)
1 of 1
My son and I took...
Amy G | Jul 2019
My son and I took this salsa making class last week on our trip to CDMX and it was one of our favorite activities we did. Graciela's kitchen was so lovely, warm, and inviting. It was fun to meet other travelers and residents who share the same
Two of us took the...
Two of us took the salsa cooking class recently and very much enjoyed the experience. The class was very well put together, the meal served was very good and the journey and time spent in the market close by was very informative. I would very much
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- An apron will be provided to be used during class. To better enjoy the class we suggest wearing comfortable clothes and shoes, please avoid scarves, long necklaces and jewelry while in the kitchen.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation