Animal lovers, don't miss your chance to discover the grizzly bear! Leaving Banff behind, you'll take a ride in a gondola for a great view of grizzly country, then take a chairlift to visit the grizzly refuge where you can observe an orphaned grizzly bear as it romps and plays in a natural bear habitat.
- Professional guide
- Lunch at Eagle's Eye Restaurant, Canada's highest restaurant
- Gondola ride at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
- Chairlift ride
- Visit to a grizzly bear refuge
- Return transport from Banff
- Small group size (up to 24 guests per guide)
- Entry/Admission - Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
- Optional gratuities
What To Expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Takakkaw Falls, Yoho National Park, British Columbia Canada
Visit Takakkaw Falls in Yoho National Park (when access permits), to see Canada's second highest waterfall tumbling 254m (830 feet) in one stretch and 384m (1,260 feet) in total. The falls can be admired from the parking area or from an optional short 0.5km (¹⁄₃ mile) walk on a paved trail from the parking area to the base of the impressive falls.
Duration: 30 minutes
Where To Go
Traveler pickup is offered
You must be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time. Our guide will be there within the 15 minute pick up window.
Written Reviews (24)
1 of 8
Great tour, staff were friendly...
Steve M | Aug 2019
Great tour, staff were friendly and knowledgeable ,very clean bus. In all it was a fantastic day. Would recommend this to everyone
Two of us experienced the...
farscape930 | Jul 2019
Two of us experienced the Discover Grizzly Bear Tour from Banff on July 22, 2019 with Ronnie as our excellent guide. Warning, it is a 10+ hour tour, that includes a total of 3 additional stops to and from the Grizzly Bear Sanctuary in Golden. We
We joined this tour to...
egun1938 | Sep 2018
We joined this tour to meet and spend time with Boo, the Grizzly bear, which we accomplished successfully, Our tour guide, Niel, was very knowledgeable and engaged us throughout the tour; the tour guide at the Bear’s Refuge area was very informative
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Early and late season bookings may be subject to itinerary changes, the Takakkaw Falls Road typically opens late June. Alternative stops are usually the Spiral Tunnels and Natural Bridge..
- Infant rates do not include food.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
Discover Grizzly Bears from Banff
More Experiences In Banff
Day Trips & Excursions
InstaBanff: Banff Instagram Tour
From $0.00 · 8 hours
Walking & Biking Tours
Snowshoeing Tour to Marble Canyon
From $71.72 · 4 hours
Walking & Biking Tours
Snowshoeing Tour to the Paint Pots
From $68.68 · 4 hours
Stanley Glacier Valley
From $72.68 · 4 hours
Summer Tour: Banff and its Wildlife
From $67.03 · 3 hours
Cultural & Theme Tours
Discover Lake Louise
From $74.39 · 7 hours