Your Safety Is Important To Us
To limit the spread of coronavirus, attractions may be closed or have partial closures. Please consult government travel advisories before booking. You can find more information here.
Overview2 hoursMobile & paper tickets accepted
Banff National Park is Canada’s oldest and most celebrated national park - and one worth getting out of the car and onto a trail for. Go back to a simpler time with a 2-hour horseback ride and experience the park at a relaxed pace. Led by your cowboy guide, saddle up and and get a feel for what it was like for pioneers first settling in this once-wild area.
- Lead and tail guides
- Use of horse
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Basic horseback riding instruction
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What to expect
You’ll explore stunning sections of wilderness on this two-hour trip, providing a chance to spot wildlife that you might not get to see while on foot. Plus, our friendly, experienced guides will teach you a few cowboy tricks along the way.
Pass by natural sulphur hot springs as you make your way to one of Banff’s national historic sites: the Cave and Basin. Trek along the tranquil Bow River and take in magnificent views of the Bow Valley before pressing through thick marshes as you
Where To Go
Warner Stables - Banff Trail Riders, 100 Sundance Rd, Banff, AB T1L 1B9, Canada
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All riders must arrive 30 minutes prior to their ride time.
- Guests participating in horseback riding will need to be 8 years or over and a maximum of 230lbs. Banff Trail Riders is committed to the health of our horses and the safety of our guests, which means that the minimum age and maximum weight requirements are strictly enforced. As part of the check-in process, guests may be required to confirm their current weight on a scale and provide proof of the child’s age. In the event that these requirements are not met, the booking will be forfeited without a refund.
- Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
2 Hour Banff Horseback Riding Adventure
More Experiences In Banff
Summer Tour: Banff and its Wildlife
From $61.81 · 3 hours
Walking & Biking Tours
Returning in 2021 is the Banff Guided Walking Tours
From $30.90 · 1 hour 15 minutes
Banff National Park Guided Hike with Lunch
From $90.27 · 7 hours
Day Trips & Excursions
Discover Grizzly Bears from Banff
From $192.75 · 10 hours
Banff National Park Tour with Lake Louise and Moraine Lake
From $73.20 · 4 hours 15 minutes
Day Trips & Excursions
Athabasca Glacier Snow Trip from Banff
From $226.09 · 11 hours