Hong Kong Urban Myths Walking Tour: Ghost and Food in Wan Chai
Hong Kong SAR, China
Amid the skyscrapers of Hong Kong lie a labyrinth of haunted tales. Hungry ghosts? Haunted loos? Seaside spirits? Take your pick. In fact, locals believe that the universes of deities, humans and ghosts intertwine. The souls of the dead linger and bless their descendants. There are elaborate rituals that local Chinese perform to feed, pacify, entertain, or even bribe the ghosts. To heighten your sensory experiences, we will be tasting 4 delicious local treats. Some of them may be offering for the deities or ghosts too!
• World War II and the city’s biggest concentration of haunted tales
• Urban picnic with soothing tea, yummy buns, fresh-off-the-oven pastries, and a local specialty called "fried ghosts"
• The vast range of Chinese gods catering to all your needs and desires
• Businesses that cater to all the ghost pleasing rituals
• A top haunted house, hipster hangouts, the muffled knellof church bells, forgotten temples, and more!
- Professional local guide
- Food tasting
- Coffee and/or Tea
What To Expect
Meet your guide at Three Pacific Place, easily accessible from Admiralty MTR (subway) Station, a bit before 3:00 pm. The tour would start with a few haunted stories about the site, which used to be known as the "Big Buddha's Mouth"—is the Buddha still guarding the area today?
Next, follow your guide to the top haunted spots in the Star Street neighbourhood, where the city's largest concentration of paranormal myths lies hidden behind the up-and-coming hipster shops and boutiques. Here
Where To Go
Three Pacific Place
The tour ends at Wan Chai MTR Station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered a full refund
Hong Kong SAR