The week will end with a fantastic two-day tasting-menu extravaganza which will feature some of the best Mexican food from restaurants such as Bad Sports, Santo Remedio and Temper. Mezcal enthusiasts will get to sample 50 varieties of the drink, from over 30 brands.
You might also like: Everything You Need to Know About the Mezcal Renaissance
The two aficionados behind it all – Thea Cumming and Melanie Symonds – along with producer Lucie Massey, have put together a series of events exploring the unique place mezcal holds in Mexican culture.
You might also like: Tequila vs. Mezcal: Which Mexican Drink Are You?
● Monday – A Mezcal Pairing Dinner with Edson Diaz-Fuentes, at his restaurant Santo Remedio
● Tuesday – Mezcal sampler with Mezcal Master Jon Anders at Santo restaurant
● Wednesday – Panel Discussion on ‘The Future of Mezcal’ and Blind Tasting at The Bloomsbury Club Bar
● Wednesday – Coffee, Chocolate & Mezcal tasting at Wahaca, Charlotte Street
● Thursday – Bartender’s Brunch at Café Pacifico
● Thursday – El Grito! At Pop Brixton
● Friday – Independence day party at Club Makossa
● Saturday – Tasting Festival at Unit 5 Gallery & Yard
● Sunday – Tasting Festival at Unit 5 Gallery & Yard
For more information and to book tickets, please visit: www.londonmezcalweek.com