"Ghyll" is the Lakeland word for a mountain stream; scrambling in one is an exhilarating activity for groups young and old. You will climb up spectacular waterfalls, jump in to deep bubbling plunge pools, crawl through tunnels and slide down water polished rock chutes. A full-on wet and wild adventure for everyone!
Ghyll Scrambling, gorge walking or canyoning as its sometimes known as is one of the most popular activities in the area. There is no denying it, it ours too.
Our main Ghyll scrambling venue is based 10 minutes outside Keswick in the Newlands valley. However, depending on water levels, the group ability and aspirations we may use other venues across the Lake District.
- Wetsuit, Helmet and Bouyancy aid
- Experienced Guides
- Lunch - Food and drink is not provided
- Participants must provide their own suitable footwear (no water shoes or Crocs)
- Bring a full set of warm clothes + towel.
- Must provide a pair of tracksuit bottoms, leggings or shorts to wear over the wetsuits.
- Changes facilities not available at venue.We ask you descretly change in your car or behind a bush.
What To Expect
This activity is wet but incredibly good fun for little people and adults a like. The venue is chosen to suit the groups ability and age and taste for adventure. Ideal for a group or family adventure experience.
It can cetainly be cold in the water so we provide full wetsuits to try and keep you warm. But please come prepared. We wil keep you moving to stay warm but you may get a bit chilly. Bring a go for it attitude and push your boundaries!
"Ghyll" is the Lakeland word for a mountain stream;
Where To Go
Unnamed Road, Keswick CA12 5UF, UK
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
More Experiences In Keswick
Ghyll Scrambling Water Adventure in the Lake District
From $68.05 · 3 hours
Cultural & Theme Tours
High Adventure Day Tour from Keswick
From $75.81 · 8 hours
Rock Climbing in Keswick
From $67.86 · 3 hours
Ullswater Lake Boat Ride
From $22.80 · 1 to 5 hours
Kayak on Derwent Water
From $88.21 · 3 hours
3-Hours Via Ferrata Experience in Keswick
From $108.77 · 3 hours